FORUMS: list search recent posts

Widescreen

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael La
Widescreen
on Sep 16, 2008 at 11:12:38 am

Okay, so I've shot a film using a Canon video camera on DV tapes and uploaded it into Premier Pro 7, edited it and exported the final product as avi. It previews in Media pLayer as widescreen.

I've then imported it all into Encore DVD 2 and made allt he menus and stuff. The footage and menus all preview as widescreen.

However, in transcode settings in the source monitor the footage appears as widescreen, but in the output monitor it appears with letterboxes. Also, once I build the DVD and watch it on my widescreen television, it appears as 4:3 with letterboxes - so its widescreen but with black borders all around it. The DVD recognises the TV as widescreen and other DVDs work fine, but only mine is displayed like this. This has been driving me mental. Why is this happening!?

Cheers,
Michael

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Widescreen
on Sep 16, 2008 at 1:26:21 pm

Hard to answer without more information. You mentioned you exported it from Premiere Pro 7...do you mean version 1 of Premiere Pro?

If so, have you tried exporting it to MPEG-2 for DVD directly from PPro, using a widescreen preset?

Return to posts index

Michael La
on Sep 17, 2008 at 7:17:21 am

I mean Premier Pro 7.0 - before CS1 i think.

More Info - In properties of the file it says 720x 576 (16:9) but those dimensions aren't 16:9. I've exported from Premier Pro as microsoft DV AVI.

How would I export the film from Premier Pro as MPEG? I can't find those setting in there...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 17, 2008 at 2:09:32 pm

Select the sequence, then choose File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder.

Return to posts index

Michael La
on Sep 20, 2008 at 5:11:02 am

It doesn't work. I've attached a screen shot of the transocde settings.

Source:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/thehomelessmule/Widescreen2.jpg

Output:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/thehomelessmule/Widescreen.jpg

They each have 'Aspect Ratio Corrected Preview' switched on.

I can't figure it out. Any Ideas?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 21, 2008 at 3:27:28 pm

Those are the audio transcoding settings in your screenshots. Let's see the video transcoding sessions.

Also, that's the preview in Adobe Media Encoder, correct?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]