FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Copy Encore Sequences Between Projects?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Lanford
How to Copy Encore Sequences Between Projects?
on Sep 15, 2008 at 11:15:07 pm

I tried to post this and it did not go through, sorry if it posted twice:

I have been working on a DVD for over a month now, and after finishing it, I started working on a second project that uses some of the same sequences as the first project.

I really don't want to have to go back in and retype/adjust all the subtitles that I have already done in the other project.

Since Encore does not give you the option of exporting the subtitles, I was wondering if there is a way to copy the entire sequence and paste it into the new project and/or import the encore sequence from the one project into another. If not, is there a workaround?

So far I've had no such luck with either. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: How to Copy Encore Sequences Between Projects?
on Sep 16, 2008 at 1:24:18 am

No, Encore supports having only one project opened at a time (and no copy/paste between projects).

Instead, do a SaveAs on your project, and then delete what you no longer need in your Project window.

Return to posts index

Robert Lanford
on Sep 16, 2008 at 3:11:10 am

Thanks, but that will not work for me as I am combining multiple projects. I guess I will just have to retype the subtitle.

You would think copy/pasting sequences, and/or import/exporting them, would be a basic function. One more reason why I feel like Encore is just a tacked on software that was not fully developed.

I would not recommend it to someone who does DVD authoring for a living.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 16, 2008 at 3:41:40 am

[Robert Lanford] "that will not work for me as I am combining multiple projects"

Odd that you didn't mention that in your first post. You explicitly said:

[Robert Lanford] "I have been working on a DVD for over a month now, and after finishing it, I started working on a second project that uses some of the same sequences as the first project."

And if the lack of exporting subtitles is what's holding you back from using Encore, perhaps a program like Subtitle Workshop or Lemony Subtitler would help. That way you create the subtitles once, and then import them into as many projects as you need. Edits are easy too.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Robert Lanford
on Sep 16, 2008 at 3:51:53 am

Sorry I didn't mention it. If Save as had been an option, I would have done that to begin with.

Thanks for the software links. I will try them out.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Sep 16, 2008 at 1:23:03 pm

[Robert Lanford] "You would think copy/pasting sequences, and/or import/exporting them, would be a basic function."

Not in a DVD authoring software. Its basic function is to build DVD-Video discs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]