FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Encore Buttons over Video asset background

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Meyer
Custom Encore Buttons over Video asset background
on Sep 12, 2008 at 7:23:48 pm

Hello.

I am familiar with the normal procedure for creating Encore Menu's from photoshop .psd's unfortunatly my current project has taken this idea to the next phase.

I wish to use a video I have created as my menu background, yet still have the ability to create custom buttons that I can import and overlay the video background.

I have imported the video clip as an asset but when trying to import the button's I created, Encore recognizes them as a "menu" not "buttons". I am new to encore, but I've realized that as a "menu" I cannot link the button-object to video content as is possible with encore buttons.

Can anyone help me import my new button .psd's in a manner that encore will recognize them as buttons, not menu's?? If there is another means of using my custom buttons and custom video background I would greatly appreciate any pointers. Many thanks

Return to posts index

Hannu Hoffrén
Re: Custom Encore Buttons over Video asset background
on Apr 23, 2009 at 6:13:20 pm

A bit old thread here, but I had the same problem in CS3 and couldn't find the solution anywhere. However, I finally found out one solution for this that worked for me at least, so I'll reply here so it is visible for others too.

Start creating the button from a clean Photoshop file. Do not continue it from some menu that is opened from Encore. Right now I have two identical Photoshop files that have the layer names as they should for buttons (with (+) and so on). Other one, which is continued from Encore's menu, imports as a menu. Another one is a clean new document in Photoshop, but the layers are drag & dropped from the previous file. This one imports as a button.

There must be some extra info somewhere in the file that makes the difference, but couldn't find it yet.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 23, 2009 at 7:14:25 pm

A button PSD should have group/layer set with the (+) prefix, and no background layer.

You import this file into the Library panel (not the project), and it should be recognized as a button.

Return to posts index

Hannu Hoffrén
on Apr 24, 2009 at 4:42:45 am

Hi Joe!

Yes, I have (+) in the group. I have an identical set of layers with identical layer/group names in the both files. Still other one works and other doesn't. What I now noticed was the color profile or color space seems to be different (RGB/8# vs RGB/8), but haven't tried to change them yet.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 24, 2009 at 3:40:52 pm

How about the Background layer? For buttons, there should be none. And don't forget, import into the Library, not into the project.

Return to posts index

Hannu Hoffrén
on Nov 10, 2010 at 1:58:19 pm

Hi,

Nice frequency of discussion in this thread. :D

Anyway, I just had the same problem again and now it went away by not having any bg-layer like Joe described. It's been over year and a half since I had this problem last time and I think it must've been the same situation, even though I remember myself triple-checking the layers and all that they were exactly same between the working and non-working files.

Thanks Joe for mentioning it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]