FORUMS: list search recent posts

1920x1080 HD Video shifting off center when burning to Blu-Ray????? Please help!!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Rodriguez
1920x1080 HD Video shifting off center when burning to Blu-Ray????? Please help!!
on Sep 5, 2008 at 6:57:03 pm

Hello,

Before I begin my post, here is the equipment we are using to burn Blu-Ray discs:

-Mac Pro Quad Core
-Adobe CS3
-LaCie External Blu-Ray burner
-Sony Playstation 3 & Panasonic plasma 1920x1080 HD monitor for playback

We are importing a 41-minute Apple Pro Res 422 Quicktime file into Encore CS3 and authoring a straightforward autoplay disc. We are having Encore perform the H.264 Blu Ray transcode, then building the BDMV folder in Encore and using Toast 10.0 to burn the Blu-Ray disc.

The problem we are experiencing is that when we play back the disc, the image shifts off-center about 1/3 to the left, and it seems as if the left edge of the picture is cropping off. We are also noticing a black bar along the right edge of the monitor.

We have all the presets for H.264 correctly set to 1920x1080 and in the preview monitor in Encore, everything is centered PERFECTLY.

The REAL stumper is that we tried a 30 sec. test using the EXACT SAME SPECS, and everything lined up centered when we played the disc back!!! Our only conclusion at this point is that there is some sort of error occuring with the long piece of video...

Anyone have any ideas why this is occuring???

Any feedback or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: 1920x1080 HD Video shifting off center when burning to Blu-Ray????? Please help!!
on Sep 6, 2008 at 1:16:48 pm

[Brian Rodriguez] "We have all the presets for H.264 correctly set to 1920x1080 and in the preview monitor in Encore, everything is centered PERFECTLY.
"

It's always perfect in the Encore Preview window, but things change when you go to disc. We never got H.264 to work successfully in 12 months of trying.

Use Compressor to make the appropriate MPEG-2 and bring that into Encore. Do NOT allow Encore to do any sort of transcoding of your video, it does not work correctly. We have been able to successfully burn 10 BluRay titles with MPEG-2 that perfectly match our DVCPro HD and ProRes originals from Final Cut Pro.

[Brian Rodriguez] "Anyone have any ideas why this is occuring???
Any feedback or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!! "

Encore is not ready for prime time with BluRay and the Mac. Everything works perfectly in preview bu falls apart when you actually burn a disc. Do a search on my name and Ben Holmes to read more about our issues. You can also read my blog.

We have switched to NetBlender's DoStudio for all our BluRay authoring.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]