FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore for Mac

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon morgan
Encore for Mac
on Aug 29, 2008 at 2:40:06 pm

Hey, just new to Encore... would love to burn blu rays thru encore... use Final Cut Studio... just wondering if you can buy encore for Mac as a stand alone package or if you need to buy the whole package with premiere etc.... I only want encore.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Encore for Mac
on Aug 29, 2008 at 3:10:55 pm

Encore CS3 can't be purchased separately. It is only sold with Premiere Pro CS3.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 30, 2008 at 12:50:47 pm

[simon morgan] "Hey, just new to Encore... would love to burn blu rays thru encore... use Final Cut Studio."

Before you do so, search all my posts on this forum and the posts from Ben Holmes. Then go read my blog and all the entries about Encore. Then decide if you want to spend the $1,000 for Premiere / Encore.

Long story short, Encore should not be used for BluRay authoring unless all you require is a "Play Movie" button. If you want simple home and chapter menus, then look elsewhere. We have attempted to use Encore for 12 months now and Adobe has been completely useless in assisting us with basic button routing and authoring issues on the Mac with BluRay.

My advice, "Run from the BluRay, Stay Away from the Flash."

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 30, 2008 at 12:59:14 pm

Thank you, Walter. I mean that sincerely.

Your last post conveys useful information to a fellow author based on your real-world experiences, and even adds a touch of humor at the end.

Best regards,

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 30, 2008 at 1:06:56 pm

[Jeff Bellune] "Thank you, Walter. I mean that sincerely. "

I'm generally not a ranter when it comes to products, but when a product fails after 12 months, I have to make sure others who plan to follow my same path are informed of what does and does not work.

As I've said before, I really wanted Encore to work because in many ways it is better than DVD Studio Pro from Apple. But since Adobe cut off all communication with me 2 or 3 months ago now, I guess they just don't have any answers for us on the Mac with BluRay.

I do enjoy helping other folks as evidenced by the 17,000+ posts I've made since 2001 and I just don't want folks to spend $1,000+ without knowing exactly what they are getting in to. I appreciate the kind words Jeff and I'll do my best to stay on track with my comments and not go too far off the beaten path.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]