FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray frame rates (3rd try)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxwell Federman
Blu-Ray frame rates (3rd try)
on Aug 28, 2008 at 3:23:24 am

Hello

When using the "Export to Encore" function in Premier CS3, the export dialog does not include a 720/30p preset (nor 720/29.97).

What is the recommended method for exporting native 720/30p programs to Blu-Ray using Encore??

Thanks for the help?

Max Federman

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Blu-Ray frame rates (3rd try)
on Aug 28, 2008 at 10:56:45 am

We convert all our 720p material to 1080i/29.97 prior to compressing for BluRay.

We've found that compressing 720p at the proper data rate for BluRay can cause occasional image breakups. Not sure why, but it does and only from time to time and never in the same place twice.

1080i/29.97 we've never had any issue whatsoever with compression. This is using Apple's Compressor to compress the files, not Premiere.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Maxwell Federman
on Aug 29, 2008 at 3:57:04 am

Thank you very much for the info...

I appreciate your assistance, I had asked about this issue twice earlier and got no action. I guess I'm used to the fast responses I get in the Media100HD forum.

Thanks again,

Max Federman

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 30, 2008 at 12:52:19 pm

[Maxwell Federman] "I appreciate your assistance, I had asked about this issue twice earlier and got no action. I guess I'm used to the fast responses I get in the Media100HD forum. "

I'm apparently one of the few people who have attempted to create BluRay discs using Encore. Good luck with your project, we're moving to NetBlender's DoStudio for BluRay authoring.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Aug 31, 2008 at 11:19:06 pm

Hi Max, its definitely possible to do 720P/29.97 to blu-ray just fine as is without playback issues. I recently converted a full length feature (1hr 40min) and it worked out perfectly. though I'm using DVDITPRO-HD to do the authoring.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]