FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob in Buffalo
Blu-Ray Issue
on Aug 27, 2008 at 6:41:26 pm

Greetings from Buffalo, NY...
We have purchased and installed the Matrox Axio LE with the Adobe CS3. We're working with the HP 9400xw Workstation and an internal Philips Triple Writer Blu-Ray burner. While we have been successful at completing several HD projects, we have yet to be able to successfully burn a longer format Blu-Ray disc. We have burned a few 30-second spots, but when we try to do a half-hour string of spots,
Encore will get stuck attempting to render and will stop at 99.9%.
I am hopeful someone has had similar experiences and can give some insight to solve the problem.
Thank you!
NOTE:
Please reply to bob@buffaloadvertising.com as the old address is no longer valid.

Bob in Buffalo

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Blu-Ray Issue
on Aug 28, 2008 at 11:02:35 am

The only thing I can suggest is to ensure that all of your spots are the exact same frame size, same frame rate, same compression settings.

If you are trying to string them all together in one Encore timeline, combine them all into one movie clip and compress them as one file BEFORE you go to Encore.

Oh and Bob, search this forum for my name and you'll see a whole host of posts regarding Encore's failings with BluRay.

Search for Ben Holmes name and you'll see more.

Go to my Blog here on the Cow and you'll see more. Adobe Encore has failed us for 12 months and Adobe has not been in any rush to fix the myriad of basic issues that plague this software. Note that Adobe doesn't even feature Encore on its home page or even the Products page any longer while all of the other CS3 products are prominently featured. I guess even they realize the whole "Come for the BluRay" tagline is not something they should be pushing right now.

If BluRay is in your long term future for your company, look at other solutions like NetBlender's DoStudio. This is what we have done and we're a Mac Only facility. I had to purchase a new HP specifically for this one software, but we need a BluRay solution that actually works now.

Good luck with your project Bob, I hope you get it working.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 28, 2008 at 11:29:38 am

[walter biscardi] "Note that Adobe doesn't even feature Encore on its home page or even the Products page any longer while all of the other CS3 products are prominently featured. I guess even they realize the whole "Come for the BluRay" tagline is not something they should be pushing right now."

Encore CS3 is part of the Premiere Pro CS3 package. It is not sold as a separate product. You'll find Premiere Pro featured prominently on the Products page.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 29, 2008 at 12:58:08 am

[Jeff Bellune] "Encore CS3 is part of the Premiere Pro CS3 package. It is not sold as a separate product. You'll find Premiere Pro featured prominently on the Products page. "

Then why does it have its own listing as a Product once you go into the Text listing?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 29, 2008 at 1:09:13 am

[walter biscardi] "Then why does it have its own listing as a Product once you go into the Text listing?"

You'll notice 2 things on the Adobe web site:

1. Selecting the Encore text listing takes you to a sub-section of the Premiere Pro product section.

2. On Location, also a part of the Premiere Pro CS3 package, is likewise listed separately in the text listing. Its product information is also listed in a sub-section of the main Premiere Pro product section.

Walter, you've made your point that Encore's Blu-ray functions don't work to your satisfaction. You've made that point often and loudly. From here on out, I respectfully request that you continue your anti-Encore rhetoric in your blog and not here.

Further anti-Encore invectives from you here in this forum may genuinely be considered as spam and/or trolling, neither of which I believe are in compliance with the Cow's forum guidelines. The choice is yours.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Aug 30, 2008 at 4:13:30 pm

No Way Jeff!! This is a discussion thread. If Walter's wants to make it clear Encore's a piece of junk (which it happens to be), then so be it.

If just one person saved the money in purchasing Encore for BD production based on Walter's post, then this thread, this board and Creative Cow has done its job. The internet can be a wonderful thing!
:)

Return to posts index

Bob Ramage
on Sep 1, 2008 at 5:39:39 pm

My experience has been that the Windows version of Encore works better than the Mac version. Not sure why. I haven't had your problem, but I would suggest encoding your H264 or MPEG2 files outside of Encore (Premiere works well for this) and then importing them after. This will avoid having to transcode in Encore.

Another thing to try, particularly if you've made any changes to media or menus, is to delete the "AuthorScriptHDMVSessions" while your project is still open in Encore. This is a known workaround for the dreaded "Code 6" error and will also often solve build problems. It's a pain I know, but it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]