FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore DVD audio out of sync

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wendall Woodbury
Encore DVD audio out of sync
on Aug 24, 2008 at 10:39:56 pm

I've spent a good deal of time looking for information on this forum concerning out-of-sync audio and chapter titles that do not appear in Encore, but can't seem to find any.

I created a program in Premiere Pro CS3 an hour & 40 minutes in length. I created chapters in PPRO then output the timeline to Encore, per my Encore training video instructions.

Here are my two main problems.

PROBLEM #1: Although I created and named each chapter in PPRO, I could not find a way to transfer the titles to the list of chapters in Encore (I used the blue music sub menu which has 6 chapters.) I selected one chapter and then used 'Create Chapter Index' to populate the other chapter icons in Encore (ending up with 3 pages and 14 chapters.) But, again, even though the list showed up under the project timeline on left screen, it would not transfer to the Encore icon list. I had to manually type in each title.

PROBLEM #2: This is my most vexing problem. While the video and audio appear in-sync in both PPRO and ENCORE, it goes out-of-sync after being burned to a DVD (it becomes noticeable approximately 15 mins into the program.)It's only a few frames off, but is notciable. The harddrive was de-fragged recently. I'm perplexed.

Any help on the above (after several very frustrating days) would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Wendall

Return to posts index

Lowell Price
Re: Encore DVD audio out of sync
on Sep 28, 2008 at 8:25:38 pm

Same problem. The only piece of mine that's out of sync is a piece of recorded voice over I pulled. But other pieces I pulled over are fine. I did have to split this one piece because it had a glitch in the sound. I split it, added a dubb-in at the splice, then it goes back to the original piece. That entire section is out of sync once coverted to DVD. The rest is fine.

Lowell

Return to posts index

Wendall Woodbury
on Oct 3, 2008 at 1:11:41 am

Regarding the 'out-of-syc' problem in Encore...I have discovered a little trick that seems to help. After I have finished editing on the PPRO timeline and everything looks synced up, I un-link video and audio, select the audio track and slide it 2-3 frames AHEAD. I then render & save the project. Then I drag the finished timeline to a NEW sequence (it usually crashes if I don't), render that and then save it again. I then export to Encore and burn the DVD.

This seems to solve the sync problem. The trick is to find out if 2 or 3 frames are needed to sync up properly. I don't think I should have to go to all this trouble to burn a DVD, but it seems to do the trick. I've used this 'workaround' method on a long and short project with good results.

Wendall

Filmmaker42

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 3, 2008 at 4:55:44 am

I've never seen this problem with Encore (I use Premiere Pro and After Effects assets). Something else is at issue.

Return to posts index

Wendall Woodbury
on Oct 3, 2008 at 4:24:21 pm

Since few people have responded to my problem, perhaps you are right Joe. I can understand the longer project giving me problems, as it was a 9 camera shoot and I had to do some double 'nesting' etc and it was my first multicam edit. However, the last project was a simple straighforward film transfer, with little editing, and only 8 mins in length. It too was 3 frames off in Encore. This one has me baffled.

Thanks for your response.

Wendall

Filmmaker42

Return to posts index

Ryan Haworth
on Dec 15, 2008 at 10:27:17 pm

I'm getting the same problem though from a single source (rip from broadcast capture HDD->DVD). Here's what I've found:
It is only on the second segment of my two-part DVD.
It happens on the second segment EVEN if it is merely referenced to a later chapter within the first timeline.
It ONLY appears once the DVD is burned (only on a DVD or DVD image, not while previewing in Encore).
It does not appear in PPro or Encore in preview.

I had hoped it would have quit occurring when I got a PC upgrade, but to no avail.

Return to posts index

Wendall Woodbury
on Dec 30, 2008 at 10:14:26 pm

Ryan,

I'm glad at least one other person has a sync problem, but not happy for you of course. I've found a work-around that seems to work, at least for me.

When I 'capture' to the time-line I must 'un-link' the video & audio and slide the audio 5 frames to the LEFT, then 're-link'. Usually, that puts everthing in-synce. After editing is completed I then make a sequence of the entire timeline and just before exporting to Encore, I again 'un-link' audio & video (now all mixed on one track) then slide the audio back to the normal position PLUS 5 frames to the RIGHT. This seems to work 95% of the time. I learned all this the HARD WAY, but spending 3 months experimenting on a single project!

I still have no idea why this is happening, nor does anybody else I guess, but the above work-around (albeit a pain in the butt) seems to do the trick.

Good luck!

Wendall

PS If anybody has an idea on all the above, I'd love to hear it.

Filmmaker42

Return to posts index

David Ethridge
on May 30, 2009 at 3:13:59 am

Wow, Im having the same problem with Encore, QT file imported into PPro, dynamic linked into Encore.
Seems OK in Encore play back but, may resort to QT file into PPRO then to transcode it.
I didnt have the problems from this route,

Return to posts index

Akbar Ukani
on Mar 9, 2010 at 6:19:43 pm

Encore has to be one of the most frustrating authoring softwares (esp for the mac), none the less, I have no choice but to use it because only Steve Jobs knows why the heck he isn't releasing FCS that has blu-ray authoring capabilities...anyhow this rant is for another post...

this audio sync problem can be resolved by setting the "out-point" of the audio file to match the "out-point" of the video...In order to do this, follow the steps below

1. Double click on the timeline to open it
2. In the timeline, click the audio track and open the "properties" tab where you can set the "in-point" and "out-point". Make sure that the "out-point" of the audio and video track is the same.

this bug cost me a week, 3 blu-ray discs and a few grey hairs....

Return to posts index

Richard Thornton
on May 18, 2010 at 5:50:34 pm

This didn't work for me - I followed your instructions. But, does it make a difference to make the time (clip length) change AFTER the audio and video have been transcoded? Do I have to go back and un-transcode them somehow, so they'll be re-transcoded with the proper (matching) clip lengths? Why is it that the clip lengths are different to begin with? When I check in my PP project timeline, they are the same length - what happened to them in Encore?

Thanks in advance for any help you can be -

Return to posts index

Ray Palagy
on Apr 1, 2011 at 3:40:34 am

I just ran into an issue where a blurry played perfectly in Encore timeline but audio was about 3 frames late in the final bluray. seems I must slip audio earlier by 3 frames to solve it. cS 4 by the way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]