FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore+Mac (Leopard) +Blu Ray=Wrong

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Holmes
Encore+Mac (Leopard) +Blu Ray=Wrong
on Aug 22, 2008 at 10:47:57 am

I am reposting something I wrote in a thread below as I don't want it to get lost on the forum. Apologies if this is bad etiquette, but I think it's important to share this, as others clearly have the same problems:

Walter

Here's a quick rundown of my first Blu-Ray build. Like others here, I would guess, I am a FCP user who bought Premiere Pro just for Encore. I read it was the only professional authoring solution for Mac available.

I run an 8-Core 2008 Mac Pro running Leopard 10.5.4 - 8 Gb Ram

I have built a simple disc with 3 menus. Start, Chapters, Special Features. Start has 3 buttons, Chapters 8, Special features 5.

I built the whole disc as blu-ray, simulated it and checked it. I was impressed by the ease of building and testing in Encore. Although it lacks the pizzaz of DVD-SP, it does the basics well IMHO.

Having build an HD project, I let Encore build me a SD DVD of it. I expected some problems, as the disc was built as 23.98p from a 24p master and then sent to DVD as 29.97.

Apart from the encodes taking ages (overnight and then some for 1.5 hrs footage) I was impressed that the disc worked in SD first time. The picture quality was excellent. The Dolby surround track was in place. All was well in the world.

Then I tried to burn the Blu Ray. That was 2 days ago. I'm still here.

The problem for me can be summarised as follows: My buttons do not appear. They are the sort of buttons that have 'no' unselected state. In other words, you only see them when they are selected. I needed to do this, as I built motion backgrounds for the menus in motion, and the text for the buttons animates on - so the buttons cannot be visible until selection is possible at the loop point.

I think most of the navigation is working, although with invisible buttons (which - BY THE WAY - aren't invisible in the simulator) it's pretty hard to tell. The video is all there and looks fine. I think I have the same issues others have reported with the disk not starting menus on the right button - but I can't be sure.

I should say at this point that after one failure attempting to burn straight to disc, I now output an ISO and burn in toast. This has not failed once in all my attempts to burn an ISO to my internal Pioneer BD-202 drive, which appeared plug-and-play in OSX when I connected it to the internal SATA ports.

I have built a test menu from my main project and inserted various stock buttons from Encore. About half of them work properly when burnt. When I tried to modify one so I could use it in place of my own buttons it again failed to appear where required.

Even more frustratingly, everytime I try to fix the buttons and re-build the ISO, Encore starts re-encoding ALL the video in the project, even though it shows up as rendered in the project window. This means each test takes hours to complete. I am running out of hours.

As of now, I am frazzled, fed up and out of time to deliver. I can accept that I may have made some error in my build (although I have tried unaltered stock buttons, and many do not work in Blu-Ray) I cannot accept that it works IN THE SIMULATOR AND NOT ON THE DISK.

I had my client around yesterday and I had to show him the problems. He pointed out that as a games developer, they had FREE software at their office for making Blu-Rays on PC that did all this - making menus etc. with no problems. I may have to give him the videos as QTs and let them build it. Frankly, that makes me feel sick.

As soon as I have found ANY solution to this build, I will be attempting to return Encore for a full refund. I'm sure it will not be an easy process. But here's the truth of it: For a simple Blu-Ray disk, Encore DOES NOT WORK as it should - because what it shows me in the simulator and what it burns to disk are two different things. End of story.

Adobe have lost my custom long term over this - it's inexcusable.

More to follow.

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Encore+Mac (Leopard) +Blu Ray=Wrong
on Aug 22, 2008 at 11:59:26 am

Thanks for the re-post Ben. I may have to seek out others who have purchased Encore for the BluRay only to find that it does not work at all as promised. Class Action lawsuit may be the only way to get Adobe's attention on this as I've been trying for 12 months to get our projects to work in Encore.

On the PC side, you can look at NetBlender's DoStudio. The pricing on Scenarist is around $50,000 and up the last time I looked.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 22, 2008 at 12:12:47 pm

Walter

Thanks for the info - but I'm Mac only....

Two things: Making Blu-Ray disks ain't rocket science. Other company's products work.
Also, a search under Leopard on adobe support to see if it's related to recent OS releases (which may explain why a product that has been out for so long DOESN'T WORK) only links to a Leopard FAQ stating an update for Encore would be released in DEC 2007 to ensure compatibility.

If they haven't got it working by now, it should be withdrawn from sale for OSX. If not that, it should be made VERY clear on Adobe's site it is broken.

If there are class-action suits to be entered, I'm in. I'll be lucky if this hasn't cost me a client.

You know - what really bums me out is that I did the right thing. Faced with a new technology I went for the expensive industry standard. Not a free version, or cheap standalone. I paid Adobe's high prices for something they advertise for Blu-Ray ease of use.

Well - stuff you Adobe. Your software is broken, and it appears you don't care enough about it to tell anyone.

I'm a little angry.

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 22, 2008 at 12:45:59 pm

[Ben Holmes] "Thanks for the info - but I'm Mac only..."

Us too.

[Ben Holmes] "Two things: Making Blu-Ray disks ain't rocket science. Other company's products work. "

Actually, it is. Through my posts on this forum, my blog and the FCP Forum, I have been by some incredible people who work in the commercial bluray industry for very VERY large studios. What I have learned is that BluRay specs are an incredibly complicated set of specs that were basically designed so nobody but Sony could ever create the proper software to burn a disc. In the words of one person who contacted me, "A kid can program DVD authoring software, BluRay software is incredibly hard."

Note that the "other company's" software cost in the neighborhood of $50,000 and up and that's for a reason. Toast doesn't count because it's a very VERY limited software. I think the complexity of BluRay authoring is one reason we have not seen Apple's DVDSP cross in to BluRay.

[Ben Holmes] "If they haven't got it working by now, it should be withdrawn from sale for OSX. If not that, it should be made VERY clear on Adobe's site it is broken. "

Funny you should mention that because Encore is not featured on the Home Page, nor is it featured on the Products Page. You have to go into the menus to find it. Almost like Adobe is trying to hide it from any unwarranted attention right now.

[Ben Holmes] "If there are class-action suits to be entered, I'm in. I'll be lucky if this hasn't cost me a client.
"

It nearly cost us our largest client. A large six figures per year client. And he's still not a happy camper because we had to scrap the BluRays we were working on for over 6 months and simply release something with a "Play" button.

In fact Encore was responsible for my company missing our first deadline ever, and we've been open since 2001. We delivered the BluRays 4 months after they were promised.

[Ben Holmes] "You know - what really bums me out is that I did the right thing. Faced with a new technology I went for the expensive industry standard. Not a free version, or cheap standalone. I paid Adobe's high prices for something they advertise for Blu-Ray ease of use. "

That's what we did too, in fact we purchased two versions of Production Premium CS3 only to return one because Adobe conveniently was very quiet about the fact that Premiere and Encore do not work on G5 machines, only Intel. It's not that they didn't say it didn't work, they just didn't say anything at all. Took us 6 months to get our money back and that was only through the hard work of our VAR.

[Ben Holmes] "I'm a little angry. "

After 12 months of this, I'm with you Ben.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 22, 2008 at 1:10:41 pm

[walter biscardi] "Actually, it is. Through my posts on this forum, my blog and the FCP Forum, I have been by some incredible people who work in the commercial bluray industry for very VERY large studios. What I have learned is that BluRay specs are an incredibly complicated set of specs that were basically designed so nobody but Sony could ever create the proper software to burn a disc. In the words of one person who contacted me, "A kid can program DVD authoring software, BluRay software is incredibly hard."
"

Do I have to conclude that the software you posted above "NetBlender's DoStudio" is also very basic? I also have it from the client (a senior guy at a large games house) that they have PC software that was essentially free that they use to make more complicated disks that mine. Don't know how true that is, but he's a friend of mine, not trying to hassle me.

I think this is the simplest disk I have ever made - I didn't want to trip up on my first outing...

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 22, 2008 at 3:35:22 pm

[Ben Holmes] "Do I have to conclude that the software you posted above "NetBlender's DoStudio" is also very basic?"

No, it's a full quality BluRay authoring tool and I think the price tag is around $25,000 to purchase. They are now offering this month to month licensing model for small shops like mine to open up BluRay authoring "to the masses." Like I said, I don't have a PC but I guess I'll have to add one along with the burner and we'll see if it works.

[Ben Holmes] "I also have it from the client (a senior guy at a large games house) that they have PC software that was essentially free that they use to make more complicated disks that mine. Don't know how true that is, but he's a friend of mine, not trying to hassle me. "

I don't believe anything unless I see it. I have not seen or heard of free PC software that allows quality BluRay discs. Ask him what the software is and to provide you with a BluRay disc and allow you to see the actual project.

I have asked Adobe repeatedly to send me one of my BluRay projects burned to disc to show me that it works exactly as they say it does but I have never received a disc. Don't believe anything until you see a burned disc that performs as promised.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 22, 2008 at 8:30:44 pm

As an update to my first post, here's a little progress:

Starting from scratch, I identified a few buttons that worked in Blu-Ray as they did on the simulator. I discovered that if I changed the colour set at all, they ceased to funtion. So sqaure red buttons it is. I have now added the media back in with the menus so we'll see if I can manage a sucessful build over the weekend without an error.

My navigation is fouled up in pretty much the same way everyone else's is: My link to the chapter menu highlights button 2, not button 1 (so it defaults to chapter 2) and my link to my third menu (special features) links to button 3. They work fine in the simulator, and on an SD burn.

That sounds like a simple scripting error, doesn't it? Except that of course if it WAS a simple error, Adobe would have fixed it, right? I accept that Blu-Ray is harder to program for - so maybe the greatest minds at Adobe cant fix this. Or maybe they haven't bothered. Who knows. Right about now, I don't really care. If this was beta software, I could wear it, but it SO isn't. If your sofware can't do basic things like this disk right, don't offer it for sale.

I think I can cope with a half-baked low volume disk that actually plays things - so that's what I'm hoping for tomorrow. Then I'm never using it again. Hopefully Apple will update DVD SP before I have to make a choice....

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 22, 2008 at 10:20:09 pm

good luck there ben. I had a great chat with the NetBlender guys and will be ordering a PC next week to run it.

So as not to annoy certain folks on here I'll report our progress on my blogs and FCP forum.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
Re: Compressor settings
on Aug 23, 2008 at 12:07:51 pm

Walter

I've managed to make the blu-ray image! Still got those navigation problems, but hey....

However, I've now turned my attention to the pictures on my DVD and Blu-Ray and well... the motion is awful. I let Encore do the DVD ones, and it's made a hash of it - I don't actually know if it can deal with the 24p video I have given it properly.

Can I ask you a couple of quick questions before I embark on a weekend long render? I really appreciate (as ever) your time on this:

My video is 24p and I'm making a 23.98p Blu-Ray and a 29.97i NTSC DVD.

1) I've used compressor now to retime the DVD files from 24>23.98 as everything I've read says this is an acceptable MPEG format for DVD playback, so even though my video files will all be 23.98, the Encore project is stuck on 29.97 (the only option). I plan to drop the encoded files straight into Encore and build in there. I believe this will be ok - is it?

2) I'm wondering if I should use compressor to re-encode the HD files as well - if so you mentioned in another thread:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/863018

"On the Mac side, we use Compressor to prepare our files and one of the settings under HD is "BluRay."

I must be going daft (and to be honest I'm so tired now I re-made the whole Blu-Ray project as 29.97 rather than 23.98 without thinking - and saved the project to my system drive by accident) but I can't find a blu-ray setting in compressor. Can you tell me what settings you use so I can avoid build errors?

I'm sorry to bother again - let me know if you have time. I would rather be spending some time with my kids this weekend, but it's not to be.

Many thanks

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 23, 2008 at 1:06:38 pm

Walter

Don't worry - found this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/2008/04/apples_compressor_encore_blura....

Apologies! Didn't look hard enough at the compressor settings. I sometimes forget about google when I'm on the cow....

Have a great weekend - and thanks for all your help and support as ever...

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Aug 24, 2008 at 3:36:54 am

I'm just curious why you guys promised a BD title for a client without testing the tool first? And now you plan to bring up a lawsuit? :)

Encore has not worked since day 1.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Aug 24, 2008 at 12:08:22 pm

Back in 1998 I think it was.

I had a Museum as a client and we had a video the wanted to run in 30 seat theatre.

Back then Beta SP was about the only way to do it for component output. Pretty expensive and all the problems of tape transport etc.

DVD's had just come out. It would have cost about $15,000.00 to have a DVD made back then. So I looked into buying an authoring setup.

First I bought a system for a Wintel machine. It meant using 4 different programs, kind of a nightmare, as I remember 2 of them were DOS. We also bought a $4,500.00 Pioneer DVD burner (I still use that for authoring DVD's). DVD blanks back then cost $50.00 ea. I went through more than a dozen of them over 2 months trying to burn 1 20 minute DVD that was play once then stop, I had over 100 hrs of tech support and the company never could get it to work, they wanted to charge me . Eventually I got my money back from the company. This was quite a battle.

Well to make a long story short. I Bought the Sonic solutions hardware system for Mac, expensive! But the very first disc I burned was perfect, and the second third forth etc. were too.

I used that system, until a few years ago (I still have it in a box PCI cards and all) when DVDsp came out. And as much as I hate to say it the then $500.00 program was better than the $20,000.00 hardware system.

My point is, you bleed if you try to lead.

So far I have only made standard DVD-R's, that play in Bluray set-tops, using Toast.

I will probably play some with Encore, but I will not tell clients I can make interactive Blurays other than extremely simple Toast versions. Luckily most of our DVD's run in KIOSK's simply looping.

I bet in a year or 2 we will have great BD solutions. I still also use HD-DVD in a few interactive KIOSK projects, they work just like standard DVD's, made in DVDsp.

I do feel you pain. I still have the scars.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 24, 2008 at 3:26:38 pm

Dear Eric

Adobe's slogan for Encore (which I see every time it reopens after a crash) is "come for the blu-ray, stay for the flash". That may well be true if you have a PC, but it sure ain't if you have a Mac.

I was asked by a client if I could produce a Blu-Ray as well as a DVD version of a very simple disk. Honestly, unless it was a single menu with a 'play' button, it's hard to see how this one could have been simpler. I told him it was new to me, but I read a lot on Encore (mostly from Adobe) and I noted that the solution has been around for some time now. These are not 'early days' for Blu-Ray. I already produce a lot of DVDs, and was very comfortable with the interface in Encore.

Prior to starting work on this project, I spent two weeks learning the software and simulating disks. I was satisfied (since I am used to the simulator workflow on DVD-SP) that I could probably deliver. I continued to reassure my client, though warning him that it was still an unknown quantity to me.

After an initial build, and a successful DVD encode, several days ago, all was well. Then I moved to testing the Blu-Ray.

Hardly any element of it on playback was totally correct. The encoding (despite trying various settings) coped badly with the frame rates required (although I am happy to admit some of the mistakes were mine - ones I allowed extra time for anyway) so I have switched to Compressor. The buttons did not appear, and the routing was incorrect. All of this I have detailed above.

So I bought a product I had every reason to suspect would fit my needs, was not in it's early days, that I had taken the time to learn and (I thought) test and it simply is faulty. And you're wondering why I'm annoyed? If you bought Photoshop from Adobe, and all your exports were the wrong colour, what would you do?

And here's the rub - I'm not the only one having this problem on a Mac - others have responded exactly the same.

There's a limit to how careful I can expect to be with new software. I run a busy company, so I spent time on my holidays doing everything I could to ensure delivery. AND I bought software from the industry leader at a not inconsiderable price to make sure I gave myself the best chance of delivering. This is sofware marketed at small businesses like me - if I was a larger concern, I would have Scenerist or similar at far greater expense.

As far as law suits go, I said I would be seeking a full refund. If that's not forthcoming, then yes I would consider being part of a class-action lawsuit, since there is NO advice on Adobe's website not to purchase Encore if you have a Mac running Leopard, apart from a note from December last year promising an update in January. That's not good enough.

If you can show me how my project is wrongly constructed such that it works on the simulator, works on the DVD encode and doesn't work on the Blu-Ray then I would be delighted to hear from you. Otherwise, I'm not sure what your comment was in aid of.

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Aug 24, 2008 at 3:41:54 pm

The comment wasn't in aid of anything other than for others thinking of using Encore to produce BD titles ...sorry, hope I didn't offend. :)

We are in the early days of BD production - especially for independent producers.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 24, 2008 at 4:34:45 pm

Eric

I'm sorry - it's been a trying week - and in part you're right, you should always nail down a workflow before you offer it to clients. In truth, MY client had already offered HIS client the Blu-Ray, so I made the best choices I could in order to satisfy the brief. Not ideal, but things rarely are, are they? I was clear with him that it could lead to problems, but he still wants a Blu-Ray, so I'd rather try to deliver than risk him going elsewhere.

In turn, I hope both my comments (and Walter's, who has had a MUCH worse time of it than me - I'm only starting to feel the pain) will act as a caution to anyone in my situation considering Encore as an authoring solution on a new Mac - many of whom have probably grown tired of waiting for Apple to deliver.

Until someone from Adobe can refute the problems everyone is having, I would say to people to think again, or just get Toast for simple burns. It's a shame - I think Encore is a solid product in other areas, and I would be happy to use it in the future if it was at an acceptable standard.

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 24, 2008 at 5:26:24 pm

By the way - here's my two additional problems today: Encore deciding the 23.98p disk I painstakingly recreated yesterday was actually 29.97 in the project settings - and there's no way to change it back. Fortunately this has only led to jerky menu motion, as I have imported 23.98p files from Compressor this time.

Second one: Encore has substituted a stereo 192kbps version of my 448kbps 5.1 surround mix from my project, and refuses to rebuid the disk with the surround one even though I have deleted it. I am now going to try a rebuild after deleting all the session renders in the project folder, as I suspect it's just 'hanging on' to a previous version where I had the stereo audio on track 2 of the main edit.

Oh yeah - and most of the time Encore crashes when I open a project, unless I delete the project 'pref2' file in the project folder.... Oh - and Encore often decides my projects are DVD, not Blu-Ray in the preferences...

Ah well.

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

Clayton Zook
on Feb 5, 2010 at 5:39:55 am

This may be a little late and a little lame. But after seeing that slogan so many times, I've rephrased it to "come for the blu-ray, stay for the crash"

Its unfortunate that so many months later major issues are still STILL unresolved...

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 24, 2008 at 5:33:01 pm

[eric pautsch] "I'm just curious why you guys promised a BD title for a client without testing the tool first? And now you plan to bring up a lawsuit? :) "

We've been "testing" the tool for 12 months. We're able to deliver a BD title, just not with near the features that Adobe promises.

The reason I'm considering a class action lawsuit is to recoup the money we have lost trying to make our BluRay discs perform the simplest of functions. As Ben notes, Adobe's little tag line is right in our face each time we launch and it doesn't say "Come for the very limited, barely functioning BluRay" nor does any of Adobe's materials mention the incredible limited functionality of BluRay on Encore.

Probably don't have the time or the money to pursue the fight so we're purchasing a PC this week and will transition over to DoStudio as they seem to actually know what they are doing when it comes to BluRay.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 24, 2008 at 5:36:58 pm

[Ben Holmes] "I'm sorry to bother again - let me know if you have time. I would rather be spending some time with my kids this weekend, but it's not to be.
"

Ben, we have only produced 1080i/29.97 BluRays so I can't help you with any 24p stuff right now. I can tell you that we never allow Encore to transcode or re-encode any of our material, we do all the MPEG-2 compression in Compressor.

Even if we want to do a regular DVD (which Encore is not doing well anymore either) we create two MPEG-2 files in Compressor. One for the regular DVD and one for the BluRay.

Sorry can't help you any further with that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Aug 24, 2008 at 5:53:29 pm

[walter biscardi] "Ben, we have only produced 1080i/29.97 BluRays so I can't help you with any 24p stuff right now. I can tell you that we never allow Encore to transcode or re-encode any of our material, we do all the MPEG-2 compression in Compressor.

Even if we want to do a regular DVD (which Encore is not doing well anymore either) we create two MPEG-2 files in Compressor. One for the regular DVD and one for the BluRay.

Sorry can't help you any further with that.
"

Walter - I should have realised that. I also should have had the sense to go the compressor route from the start. In truth, I held off because I thought Encore might do a better job of ensuring the footage was Blu-Ray legal, and the correct frame rate.

As a future note, allowing Encore to convert 24p footage for a 23.98p disk actually just meant the encodes had frames missing every now and again. I don't know if that's my fault, or a limitation in the software - I suspect it's my fault. Encore just says it will accept 24p, 23.98 and 30 fps video - it wasn't clear to me what it would do to it. When it converted 24p footage for the 29.97 disk I made in error, it was awful.

Compressor allowed me to set the frame controls as '24p as 23.98p' and produced nice results on the (soon to be final as soon as I find my surround sound) disk.

Let me say that picture quality-wise (omitting motion/frame rate issues) the Blu-Rays look superb. I think that's what I find most depressing about this. I have a PS3 connected via an HDMI>DVI lead to my 24" 1080p monitor, and the quality is amazing. If I play it back on a 1080i TV, the PS3 will convert it to 1080i60, the same as if you'd made a 23.98p DVD and played it back on a non-progressive scan DVD player. That's why I asked the cameraman to shoot 24p, and I'm glad to say it worked. I'll definitely be working with Blu-Ray again, some time...

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
RED camera transfer/post

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 25, 2008 at 11:17:16 pm

[Ben Holmes] " I'll definitely be working with Blu-Ray again, some time...
"

Just FYI Ben, I ordered a new HP Workstation today and will be downloading DoStudio as soon as it's here. Coincidentally enough, one of the commercial BluRay replication houses we spoke to 6 months ago called here today to recommend DoStudio as a very low cost application for us to use. Apparently they've tested it on their end and DoStudio definitely works for BluRay spec commercial replicated discs.

Ok, enough about this here, I'll post more on the blog as we get going.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Tyler Muehlen
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:17:34 pm

Very informative thread.

We don't do blu rays where I work. But on a random day and for a trusted client and friend we decided to try out encore and our new bluray burner... lets just say we've encountered every problem in this thread.

Ultimately we abandoned the project and went back to tape out put. But it was hell. We are mainly an online / vfx house so authoring blurays and doing surround sound mixes is not our usual cup of tea.

Encore was hell.

Though I will give Final Cut Pro 7 props for its 1 click blu ray burn which actually was fairly painless... as long as you don't want to customise a single thing and leave it as is.

I dragged the project home to my meager (at the moment) PC and checked out encore on the PC side and it seems to be a touch more stable than on the mac. I was at least able to get the blu-ray to play which was a big change from the endless errors on the mac.

Return to posts index

Robert Hanley
on Nov 12, 2009 at 8:24:39 pm

I purchased Encore for my I-Mac so I could also burn blu-ray discs. What a waste of time and money. I would call it a joke but can't find the humor in it. Add me to your class action law suit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]