FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Build DVD using Disc Image in Encore CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan Werts
Can't Build DVD using Disc Image in Encore CS3
on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:42:29 pm

Hi, I am using Adobe Encore CS3 and am trying to build a dvd using a "Disc Image" that was created on a previous version of Encore. It works fine on the old version, but when I attempt to build a dvd using the disc image in CS3, the "Build" Key isn't highlighted (in the "Build Window" and can't be clicked. I do a "check project" for errors and get two errors: First play not set & Title remote not set. This makes no sense since the disc image contains all that info and should just build with no problems. Can anyone advise on this issue? Thanks in advance, Donovan

Return to posts index

Heath Firestone
Re: Can't Build DVD using Disc Image in Encore CS3
on Aug 14, 2008 at 4:00:51 pm

If you've already created the disk image, you shouldn't need to use Encore to do the burn.

Try burning the disk image using whatever disk burning utility you normally use, probably Nero, or Roxio.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Aug 14, 2008 at 4:42:13 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. I normally used the older version of Encore to burn dvds using a disc image. I don't have another program to burn dvds. Seems strange that the old version could do this simple task and CS3 can't. Must be a way to simply burn a dvd using disc image in Encore CS3. That option comes up in the build window, just won't let me click "build". Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 14, 2008 at 5:11:06 pm

Have you selected the image file in the Build panel?

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Aug 14, 2008 at 5:43:32 pm

Yes, I select create using "Disc Image", then browse for the image file (which worked on the old Encore 1.5). I have a new computer and wanted to use the CS3 Production suite. I suppose I could install the old version, but this is a strange issue to have. Here's a link to see a screen cap http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num=6...
Thank you, Donovan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 14, 2008 at 5:52:59 pm

2 things to check:

1. Is the file that you selected a valid disc image?

2. Do you have any blank media inserted in the burner?

Obvious, I know, but it's odd that the disc size indicator is showing 0 bytes for the size of the disc.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:05:49 pm

Ah, good questions. I do know that the image file works because I just tested it on my old laptop, with encore 1.5.

Then I thought you might be on to something, but the zero bytes refers to those used. I do have a Disc in there and the screen cap says 4.7 GB Free...unless I'm reading it wrong. But there's only one DVD burner and a blank disk is in there.

I am stumped. Thanks for the ideas though.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:12:58 pm

What is the file extension on the image file? If it's .img, change it to .iso. If it's .iso, then change it .img. See if that helps.

Otherwise, download the free image burning program called ImgBurn. It's a great little utility that can burn almost any image at all. If ImgBurn won't burn your image, then I would suspect something very wrong on your current system.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:23:03 pm

I'll bet it is the image file extension, and was just going to suggest checking that.

Encore CS3 expects the extension to be .iso (you can change this in Explorer and it should work correctly).

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:28:39 pm

Thank you both. I'll try that in a bit. I'm supposed to be working lol I appreciate your help, that's something I never would have tried on my own. Donovan

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:40:44 pm

Well, I couldn't resist and tried the .iso extension with no luck. I can use my old version on my old computer. Strange problem though, thanks again.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 14, 2008 at 7:01:50 pm

Ugh.

Try ImgBurn (free), then. That should be able to burn the image, no problem.

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Aug 14, 2008 at 9:09:32 pm

Ugh is right. I downloaded ImgBurn and it worked. I wonder why such a basic feature (to build from an image file: img or iso) would be removed from Encore from 1.5 to CS3.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 14, 2008 at 9:34:09 pm

[Donovan Werts] "I wonder why such a basic feature (to build from an image file: img or iso) would be removed from Encore from 1.5 to CS3."

With all due respect, Donovan, it hasn't. It works just fine here. We've been trying to help you get it to work on *your* system and with *your* file.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Aug 14, 2008 at 9:41:32 pm

Thanks for the help and the respect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]