FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Animation and Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Crate
Menu Animation and Audio
on Aug 14, 2008 at 10:43:52 am

Hi All,

Right I have an AVI that I have created in After Effects that slowly reveals the main menu. This take 15 seconds. At the end of the avi, the menu is full displayed and the buttons are active. This works no problem.

I wanted to have an audio file playing while the avi is playing and continue with the menu is active.

At the moment, I had to cut the first 15 seconds of the audio and add this to the avi timeline, and then take the rest of the audio and attach this to the menu.

This is working ok apart from at the end of the AVI, there is a short pause before the menu is active and this causes a pause inthe audio.

I thought about adding the audio file to the avi timeline, but then the menu will not be active until the audio (4 mins) has finished.

Is there anyway I can get around this?

Thanks
Paul

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Menu Animation and Audio
on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:06:03 pm

Paul,

How about this? Create a complete menu animation in AE that is as long as the 4 min. audio file. The last 3:45 of the animation will just be a still frame of the completed menu.

Use that 4 min. animation as your background video. Set the menu loop point to 15 seconds so that the buttons aren't active and the button highlights won't appear until then.

You have 2 options from there:

1. Set the existing menu to loop forever - it will loop back to the 15-second loop point that you set, bypassing the opening 15 seconds of the animation. The problem is that the audio will be joined "in progress" when the menu loops.

2. Create a duplicate menu (without the opening 15 seconds of the animation, and without any bg animation at all if the menu is supposed to be just a still image after that). The benefit of the duplicate menu is that you can set the audio track for the dupe menu to fit just right, even when it loops. Set the end action of the opening animated menu to link to the dupe menu, set the dupe menu to loop forever, and link all timelines that are supposed to return to that menu to the dupe menu as well.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Paul Crate
Re: Menu Animation and Audio
on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:39:27 pm

Jeff - thanks for that... I will give it a go...

Cheers

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]