FORUMS: list search recent posts

This should be ez, right! Looping video menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
megan clark
This should be ez, right! Looping video menu
on Aug 12, 2008 at 8:00:10 am

Ok, I dont know if my brain is fried at this point or what..this should be easy. I am really not this dim!

I created a menu in Photoshop with basic text and two small video thumbnail menu buttons with highlights. I used the % to designate the video area (both are approx 300 x 200). Anyhow, imported the .psd menu into Encore (1.5) just fine. The menu interface looks fine and highlights work properly. I associated each video thumbnail with the appropriate chapter point, so it now shows the first still image in the thumbnails.

I set the menu properties to animate buttons. I went with the designated 15 seconds and set loop to forever. So far, we are firing on all cylinders...

Now, when I preview the menu, the thumbnails do not loop the video as they should. It is just the continual still image in the thumbnail.

This is very basic, I only have 2 chapters on the timeline. One video thumbnail menu button goes to chapter 1 and the other to chapter 2, pretty cut and dry.

I just want to be sure, you CAN link the video thumbnail to the actual .m2v file in the timeline, correct?

I have browsed a couple tutorials but they are somewhat vague. Everyone usually references an avi or mpeg clip. I just want to play 15 seconds of chapter 1 in the first thumbnail and 15 seconds of chapter 2 in the second thumbnail repeatedly looped.

What am I doing wrong?!?!

Thanks in advance
Megan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: This should be ez, right! Looping video menu
on Aug 12, 2008 at 11:09:19 am

Hi Megan,

You have to render the motion menu before it will preview properly. If you make changes to the menu (add text or objects), it will have to be rendered again.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

megan clark
Re: This should be ez, right! Looping video menu
on Aug 13, 2008 at 2:05:02 am

DUH! Thanks much, Jeff. Success at least. I knew it had to be a no brainer, but the motion menu tutorial I took off the Adobe site forgot to mention that it had to be rendered.

I've done lots of menus in Encore, but never motion-oriented.

Thanks much!

Megan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]