FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Background, PSD overlay

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Reason
Video Background, PSD overlay
on Aug 10, 2008 at 1:03:30 pm

Hi folks
I’m having a little problem with a menu in Encore CS3.
I have a rendered video made in Premiere which is basically a number of photos fading from one to another. I also have a PSD file with my buttons in. There is nothing other than the buttons in the file; it has a transparent background.
What I want to do in Encore is have a menu with the video playing on a loop in the background and the buttons from the PSD overlaid on the top. This is what I’m doing to achieve this:
Imported the background video and imported to menu the PSD file.
Opened the menu this created and set the video option to point to my background video file.
Rendered Motion Menus
However the background of the menu displays as black both when I preview it and when I build the project. The buttons (and their highlight layers) work fine.
If I create a separate menu without using the PSD file and just set the video background on that, it works great. I see the video playing on the loop etc.
It seems that Encore is interpreting the transparent background of the PSD as black for some reason.
Help!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Video Background, PSD overlay
on Aug 10, 2008 at 2:57:56 pm

I've not seen this particular problem myself, but try using a solid background in the PSD file. When you set the video file to be the video background of the menu, the solid background will be replaced with a poster frame from the video file.

See if that works for you.

Return to posts index

Tom Reason
Re: Video Background, PSD overlay
on Aug 10, 2008 at 6:28:59 pm

I’ve discovered the cause of the problem: user error :-|
When I said the PSD file only had the buttons in it I was wrong. When I created the file in Photoshop I used the frame I superimposed over the pictures in premiere as a template to help me position the text. When I saved it just made that layer invisible rather than deleting it, thinking I might want to use it again at some point.
Removing the layer and resaving the file did the trick. Strange since it was set to invisible in Photoshop and I checked that that setting was carried across to Encore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]