FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit Menu In Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Johnson
Edit Menu In Photoshop
on Aug 8, 2008 at 1:54:13 am

I'm using encore dvd cs3 and whenever i click on "edit menu in photoshop" it opens up nero 8 instead of photoshop. How can i fix this. Also, I'm making a menu background with just a picture i got off the net and I want to select some words in the picture and convert them to a button. How would i go about doing this?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Edit Menu In Photoshop
on Aug 8, 2008 at 5:24:03 am

For your first problem, set up your system so the application to open PSD files is Photoshop.

For your second problem, that's not really possible unless you're selecting pixels in Photoshop with the magic wand tool. Use multilayered PSD files for your menus - with text layers, which are editable in both Encore and Photoshop.

Return to posts index

Todd Johnson
on Aug 8, 2008 at 5:39:15 am

Thanks for the reply Joe. One question, do i change the file association in encore? and if so how would i got about doing that?

Return to posts index

Todd Johnson
on Aug 8, 2008 at 6:14:29 am

Update: Ok, so i just made a very basic menu in photoshop. It was a pic i got off the net and then i just wrote some text that i wanted to use for the button when i put it in encore. so i saved it as a .psd and opened it in encore. the text that i layered on top of the pic won't show up as a layer in encore. Why is that? am i doing something wrong?

Never mind! I figured it out. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 8, 2008 at 12:02:31 pm

For those who might come across this thread later, you import PSD files as menus in order to retain their layer structure.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 9, 2008 at 12:22:40 am

You change the file association in your operating system. Are you using Windows?

Return to posts index

Todd Johnson
on Aug 9, 2008 at 12:38:04 am

yes, i'm using windows xp. How would i got about doing that? just to let you know i've tried the way where you right click on the photo got to>open with... then select the correct program(photoshop) then click the box that says always open this type of file with this program(it says something like that). Anyways, i've tried that way and still no luck. Any advice would be great Joe. Thanks again for the help.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 9, 2008 at 2:27:59 pm

That's the way to do it, using any PSD file.

You can test this by double-clicking a PSD file with no applications running. Which application opens the file? Encore sends the same system-level message when you choose Edit in Photoshop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]