on Aug 6, 2008 at 5:41:35 pm

I am having trouble with a project.
First Play Timeline 1 "end action" menu
Menu with buttons to 4 Timelines 2 3 4 & 5
Timeline 2 - 10 chapters (unlinked) "end action" Timeline 3 chapter 1
Timeline 3 - 4 chapters (unlinked)"end action" Menu
Timeline 4 - no chapters "end action" Menu
Timeline 5 - no chapters "end action" Menu

Every thing works ok, they all play from the menu but when Timeline 2 ends it returns to the Menu and does not play Timeline 3.
I have tried setting the "override" same as the "end action". It makes no difference, when T2 ends it returns to the Menu.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Also When the disc plays back T2 (the first link from the Menu) shows on the DVD player display as Title 3
T3 is Title 2
T3 is Title 5
T4 is Title 4

Any idea as to how I get them to show on the display as the correct Title Number?

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: Timeline "end action" is not doing what it should
on Aug 7, 2008 at 11:21:56 am

Maybe you could say up a playlist, include in that playlist timelines 2 & 3, and then replace your menu link to timeline 2 with a link to the playlist. Set the end action for the playlist to the menu.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysFX

Return to posts index

George Kilroy
on Aug 7, 2008 at 12:25:54 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply with a good suggestion Simon. However when I went back to the project to try it I discovered that the "override" for then menu button to Timeline 2 sent it back to the menu there by counteracting the "end action" I've changed that and it now performs as I expect it to. I'm still finding my way around Encore.

As for the second part of my question. I've discovered in another posting here that the Title order is determined by the order that timelines are created and cannot be subsequently changed. A note for future projects is to plan everything out before starting the project so that I can assemble it in the order I want the DVD player to display the titles.
I hope this may be of help to someone else who reads this.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Aug 7, 2008 at 1:40:58 pm

Indeed...avoid using overrides, unless you understand exactly how they work.

Regarding title order, you can reset it by deleting and creating new timelines, or even by duplicating them in the order you want, then deleting the originals. You can also set the Disc Main Timeline property, which will regardless always be the first VTS on the disc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]