COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nadine Martinez
Decoding of Audio Failed DVD Error 47007
on Aug 3, 2008 at 2:40:42 pm

Please Help!
Decoding of Audio Failed DVD Error 47007

XP Operating System

Created in Premiere Pro 7.0 JPEGS, Captured Video. 40 minutes long. Nothing fancy..just lots of cross dissolves

Exported as AVI

Used Encore 1.0 to make DVD

Stops with this message: Decoding of Audi Failed DVD Error 47007

Any Solutions?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Decoding of Audio Failed DVD Error 47007
on Aug 3, 2008 at 4:04:37 pm

What codec was used to create the AVI?

Do you have DirectDVD installed on your system? If so, it conflicts with Encore. Check for other DVD players, authoring apps, or resident write-to-disc DLA processes that might also conflict.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 3, 2008 at 10:10:53 pm

Thanks Jeff!
Okay...Here's what I've got for you:
No Direct DVD installed.
Audio Codec: AC3 Filter
Video Codec: DV Video Decoder

Other DVD writer applications on the computer are Nero Home Essentials SE.It came with our new HP DVD writer. We also have Sonic Record Now which came loaded with the Computer.
Any ideas?
~nadine~

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 4, 2008 at 4:39:40 am

If any Nero components or Record Now components are running as background processes (check the Taskbar Tray and Task Manager), quit them and then prevent them from running automatically when you start Windows.

I'm also concerned that AC3 Filter is being used as your audio decoder for an .avi file, but let's try killing the background processes first.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 4, 2008 at 5:09:26 pm

Jeff ~ I can't thank you enough for taking time to help me out with this! On task manager - nothing really jumps out at as being related to Nero or Sonic. There are a lot of processes, though. I tried to copy and paste them to this post, but no luck. I am going to manually type them all in and you can have a look and see if anything you see might be the problem. I really appreciate this!
~nadine~

SpySub.exe
ehmsas.exe
dllhost.exe
alg.exe
NMIndexStoreSvr...
NMIndexingServic...
mcrdsvc.exe
ehSched.exe
ehrecvr.exe
task mgr.exe
explorer.exe
IEXPLORE.exe
ZuneBusEnum.exe
ehMonitor.exe
ati2evxx.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
LSSrvc.exe
svchost.exe
NMBgMonitor.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
MDM.EXE
PIFSvc.exe
LightScribeControl..
svchost.exe
ati2evxx.exe
Lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
msmsgs.exe
E_FATIBDA.EXE
ctfmon.exe
InCD.exe
smss.exe
NBHGui.exe
ALCMTR.EXE
ALCWZRD.EXE
SOUNDMAN.EXE
PIFSvc.exe
PicasaMediaDetec...
svchost.exe
AGRSMMSG.exe
hpsysdrv.exe
ehtray.exe
InCDsrv.exe
E_FATIBVA.EXE
System
System Idle Process

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 4, 2008 at 6:00:48 pm

Try killing all of the InCD... processes, and the lightscribe process. Then try building/burning your En project again.

There's a free program called EndItAll (google it) that is supposed to shut down all unnecessary processes so you can't troubleshoot issues like this. I have another program to do that that is part of a paid suite, so I can't vouch for EndItAll's effectiveness.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 4, 2008 at 8:13:19 pm

By "killing the processes" you mean going into task manager and "ending the process"??
Okay...did that. Actually I found out that InCD was part of Nero, so I uninstalled Nero and did an "end task" on lightscribe. Tried to make another DVD out of the exported avi from premiere pro. Goes through the transcoding of Video and then stops after the video is done with the same message: Decoding of Audio Failed DVD Error 47007.
What is going on here? Any and all suggestions will be much apreciated. Thanks ~nadine~

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 4, 2008 at 8:58:00 pm

Don't worry. The time you took to kill the processes and uninstall Nero will pay dividends when you build your project and burn it to disc (without the 47007 error of course!).

You said that your audio codec out of Pr was "ac3 filter". This indicates that you have installed the freeware program "ac3 filter" and that it is currently your main system-level audio decoder, or that you selected it when you exported from Pr, or both.

I don't use it, so I don't know how Pr sees it (if it can see it at all). Is "ac3 filter" a selectable choice for audio codec when you export from Pr? If so, don't do that. Export your audio as uncompressed and let Encore transcode it to .ac3 when you build your En project.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 4, 2008 at 9:25:22 pm

Hi Jeff ~

When I export from Premiere Pro these are my settings. I export as a DV AVI. The settingas are pretty much default, I don't have a choice on audio:

VIDEO
Compressor: DV (NTSC)
Color Depth: Millions of colors
Frame Size: 720 x 480
Frame rate: 29.970 fps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: D1 / DV NTSC (0.9)
"Recompress" is checked

KEYFRAME AND RENDERING
Lower Field First
"Optimize Stills" is checked

AUDIO
Compressor: Uncompressed
Sample Rate 48000Hz
Sample Type: 16-bit
Channels: Stereo
Interleave: 1 Frame

If I were to export as simply AVI (NOT DV AVI) there are many optoins on Audio Compressor:
IMA ADPCM
Microsoft AD PCM
CCITT A-Law
CCITT u-Law
GSM 6.10
DSP Group TrueSpeech (TM)

But then, of course, I don't have the 48000Hz option for sample rate and that is how it was brought in.

Incidentally, I am using Encore because I was unable to export directly to DVD in Premiere Pro. It would hang up halfway through the transcoding process...no error message...just freeze up.
What now, Jeff? And again THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 4, 2008 at 9:56:48 pm

[Nadine Martinez] "Okay...Here's what I've got for you:
No Direct DVD installed.
Audio Codec: AC3 Filter
Video Codec: DV Video Decoder"

How did you determine this information?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 4, 2008 at 10:16:04 pm

Hi Jeff ~

Myself, not knowing how to even determine which codec was used, I googled info on finding codecs. Here's some of what I found:

Q. How do I tell what codec was used to compress a file or what codecs are installed on my computer?
A. There isn't an absolute way to do this, but the following are your best options:

• To determine what codec was used with a specific file, play the file in the Player, if possible. While the file is playing, right-click the file in the library, and then click Properties. On the File tab, look at the Audio codec and Video codec sections.

• Use a non-Microsoft tool, such as GSpot Codec Information Appliance or Sherlock–The Codec Detective.

Note that a file can be compressed by more than one codec. For example, one codec might be used to compress the audio portion of a file and another codec might be used to compress the video portion of a file. If you have the right audio codec installed on your computer but not the right video codec, when you play the file you'll probably be able to hear the sound but you won't be able to see the picture.

The Link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/codec.mspx

Is there an alternative way to finding this out?

~nadine~

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 5, 2008 at 2:04:45 am

[Nadine Martinez] "Is there an alternative way to finding this out?"

Those you have listed are reliable methods. Which one(s) did you use?

I want to know how in the world "ac3 filter" got to be the decoder on your system for uncompressed audio.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 5, 2008 at 5:11:53 pm

Hi Jeff ~
This is the method I used to determine Codecs:

To determine what codec was used with a specific file, play the file in the Player, if possible. While the file is playing, right-click the file in the library, and then click Properties. On the File tab, look at the Audio codec and Video codec sections.

I played through Media Player and came up for Audio codec was AC3Filter and DV Video Decoder for Video.

I promise!! I never loaded anything! It just kinda defaulted to it!
If it is AC3 Filter that is the problem - how do you change the codec. Can you change it on the existing project? It's just something you do on export, right?

Jeff -
you're amazing, thank you!

A quick side note...let me know if I should post this seperately:

In Premiere Pro all of my stills change right on the beat of the music...after exporting as movie..and watching on media player..or even other DVD's (from other projects) that I've watched in a DVD player...the video/picture changes seem to be just a hair off...not EXACTLY on the beat as on original. Ideas / solutions for this?

So back to audio Codecs - what now?

With much thanks ~ nadine

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 5, 2008 at 10:21:50 pm

I have to ask: what Media Player gave you that information? I figure it is Windows Media Player 11, but I don't want to assume anything.

I'd like you load one of your captured DV .avi clips into the same Media Player and then check the audio and video decoders that are being used.

If all is right with your system, the video codec should be listed as DV Video Decoder, and there should be a dash (-) for the Audio codec. The dash indicates that no codec is required because the audio is uncompressed.

If one of your captured clips shows an audio codec of AC3 Filter, however, then there is a problem at the system level that is making En unhappy. This may well be what causes Pr to hang as well when you try to burn a DVD directly from Pr.

En 1.0 and Pr 1.0 (7.0) both rely heavily on the proper DirectShow filters being installed with the correct priority. The current CS3 versions of both apps are essentially immune to DirectShow issues.

Unfortunately, trying to fix the priority (merit) of DirectShow filters on your system is a tougher task than I want to try to tackle through this forum.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 5, 2008 at 11:25:42 pm

Whew! Hi Jeff!
Yes it IS media Player 11
Okay, I started from scratch. Brought a 25 second clip into Premiere Pro timeline and then exported it as a movie. I played that clip in Media Player...called up properties and same thing.
Video Codec: DV Video Decoder and Audio Codec: AC3 Filter

I also played another avi clip without first going through Premier Pro and same properties were displayed.
OH, Jeff, please don't give up. What can I try now. Do we need to go outside this forum?
~nadine

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 6, 2008 at 12:36:06 am

I'm not giving up, Nadine, but I am not comfortable trying to guide you through the steps necessary to change this through a focused effort.

On the chance that I would give you bad advice, or if I gave you good advice and you didn't execute it properly, you could really hose your system.

You can try to uninstall/reinstall both Pr and En, but if that doesn't work, a complete reinstall of Windows (minus the "extra" software that came with your computer or burner) may be required.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 6, 2008 at 5:08:45 pm

Hello Jeff ~
Thank you for all of your efforts.
I've had pretty good luck with other regular computer issues talking with the support online people from HP. They can talk me through pretty much anything. But of course, they know nothing about Premiere, and Encore.
So what would I ask them? Can't I just install another Codec?
~nadine

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 6, 2008 at 5:52:15 pm

Jeff ~
I just got into the control panel and the Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices to get to the installed Audio Codecs on my computer.
Here is what is listed:

IMA ADPCM Audio CODEC
Microsoft ADPCM Audio CODEC
Microsoft CCITT G.711 Audio CODEC
Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio Codec
DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC
msg723.acm
Windows Media Audio Codec
Spiro Lab Telecom Audio Codec
Indeo audio software
Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec
Microsoft PCM Converter

Does this maybe shed any light on my situation?

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 6, 2008 at 8:04:54 pm

Jeff ~

I dragged the .avi into Windows Moviemaker and was able to burn to DVD from there...but not the best quality. What the heck?!
Would still love to get it out of Encore...and any ideas on how to modify audio settings in order to have the stills change right on the beat of music as in original Premiere Pro project? They always seem to be just a bit off once on DVD.
Thanks! BUNCHES!!
~nadine

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 6, 2008 at 8:10:05 pm

[Nadine Martinez] "any ideas on how to modify audio settings in order to have the stills change right on the beat of music as in original Premiere Pro project? They always seem to be just a bit off once on DVD."

How far off?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 6, 2008 at 8:33:04 pm

Jeff ~

I will get right on that GraphicEdit and GSpot homework...
As for how far off things seem to get...not even a full second, so maybe 15 frames...just enough for me to notice that they don't hit right on the beat as in original. The space doesn't grow any larger and every once in a while...they seem to be right on again....how weird is that?
Why do you think it worked in "Microsoft Moviemaker"?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 6, 2008 at 8:06:13 pm

You will need 2 programs:

GraphEdit

GSpot

We'll start with just GraphEdit:

1. Open GraphEdit.
2. Go to File>Render Media File.
3. Navigate to one of your unprocessed DV .avi files and click Open.
4. In the graph window you should see a flow chart.
5. What's listed in the boxes after the "AVI Splitter" box?

Once I have that information, I should be able to better advise you.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 6, 2008 at 8:46:01 pm

Hi Jeff ~

After the AVI Splitter Box the flow chart breaks into two boxes. The top box is:
XForm In - DV Video Decoder - XForm Out which then goes to another box VMR Input0 Video Renderer.
The bottom box is:
In - AC3Filter - Out to another box Audio Input pin (rendered)Default DirectSound Device

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 6, 2008 at 9:15:02 pm

[Nadine Martinez] "The bottom box is:
In - AC3Filter - Out to another box Audio Input pin (rendered)Default DirectSound Device"

That's what I was afraid of. Unless your camcorder is recording .ac3 audio to tape (and no DV camcorder should), AC3Filter should not be involved in the decoding of .avi audio at all.

The next step is to check (and later change) the merit of the AC3Filter DirectShow Filter.

Please open GSpot and wait for it to load the system filters. When it's ready, it will say Ready and list the number of codecs that it found.

Go to System>List Codecs and Other Filters. Expand the window that pops up so that each column has plenty of room to display its information.

Click on the Name column to sort the list by name, and then locate AC3Filter. It should be just above or below AC3 Parser Filter.

Right-click the AC3Filter entry and select Details. Right click in the Details dialog and choose Copy All Lines to Clipboard as Text. Please post that information here.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 6, 2008 at 9:42:31 pm

Jeff ~
Here is the info from GSpot:

- - Type DSH
- - Function Decoder
DSH 4CC DOLBY_AC3
DSH Friendly Name AC3Filter
DSH DirectShow CLSID {A753A1EC-973E-4718-AF8E-A3F554D45C44}
FIL File Description ac3filter
FIL File Version 1.01a
FIL Internal Name ac3filter
FIL Legal Copyright Copyright © 2002-2004 by Alexander Vigovsky
FIL Original Filename ac3filter.ax
FIL Product Name AC3Filter
FIL Product Version 1.01a
FIL Comments Direct show audio decoder and processor filter
REG Driver File C:Program FilesMpeg2Decoderac3filter.ax
REG Merit 0x40000000

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 6, 2008 at 10:12:06 pm

Thanks, Nadine.

Now, in the same GSPot dialog that lists all the system filters, I want you to right-click AC3Filter and choose Set Filter Merit.

If I am right, the slider in the dialog box that pops up will be at the very top of the scale. You need to drag it down to where it lines up with the "MERIT NORMAL" slider position. You don't have to be super accurate; close is OK.

Click OK and close up GSpot.

Try building your En project again and let us know what happens.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 7, 2008 at 11:01:55 pm

Hi Jeff ~

Well...it all seemed to be going well. After I export project from Premiere Pro as a DV AVI I checked the properties.
Audio Codec is now listed as: WMplug
It's length is 40 minutes and it is 8.44GB....But still, with compression, that big of a file should still fit on a DVD, right?

Through Encore it transcoded right through video...and then right through Audio!! Woooo Hoooo!! THEN during the writing to disc I got this message:
Device Error - Sense Code (5 30 06) Cannot Format Medium
Incompatible Medium Random Write DVD Error 339974

I know we made progress, but now what? Also Any suggestions the audio or video slight delay after export or even after burned to DVD?? And why do you think I was able to burn the avi to DVD using Moviemaker...isn't that pretty consumer??
I appreciate all you've done to help and teach me! ~nadine

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 7, 2008 at 11:45:01 pm

[Nadine Martinez] "Audio Codec is now listed as: WMplug"

That still bothers me. For uncompressed audio, there shouldn't be *any* codec in use - GraphEdit should go directly from the AVI Splitter to the Default DirectSound Device. Something is not right with your system or with the media files.

How did you capture the video clips from your camera? What camera did you use? (Apologies if you've listed this elsewhere in this thread).

[Nadine Martinez] "But still, with compression, that big of a file should still fit on a DVD, right?"

Yes, unless you choose the wrong bit rate for transcoding. I recommend letting En do it automatically.

[Nadine Martinez] "Device Error - Sense Code (5 30 06) Cannot Format Medium
Incompatible Medium Random Write DVD Error 339974"

Either some other process (like InCD or a DLA utility that installed itself when you installed your burner software) is hogging the burner and will not give En exclusive access; or you have a bigger file(s) than will fit on your blank media; or you don't really have blank media inserted in the drive.

[Nadine Martinez] "Also Any suggestions the audio or video slight delay after export or even after burned to DVD??"

That would be a symptom of a file that has already been transcoded to MPEG2 for DVD, and En can't put the chapter markers on the exact frame, but must instead use the nearest GOP boundary (which are usually 15 frames or less apart). But that doesn't match up with what you've told me about the file.

However, that info, coupled with the odd audio filters getting involved with the media clips when they shouldn't be, makes me suspicious about the media clips themselves. That's why I asked about your camera and capture methods.

[Nadine Martinez] "And why do you think I was able to burn the avi to DVD using Moviemaker"

WMM is set up to handle media differently than En. WMM is supposed to be able to make any kind of movie - Web, CD, DVD, etc. En is set up to do one thing only - author DVDs. It is much less forgiving about imported media.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 8, 2008 at 12:26:42 am

Jeff ~

Nothing fancy with my camera. I'm not a professional by any means!
I have an old Sony DCR-TRV103 Digital 8 camera.
So I can get away with using the Hi8 Cassettes in the camera. I capture them into Premiere Pro using the DV out with a FireWire IEEE 1394 connector.
I started another "Build Disk" in Encore and all seemed to work fine
No problems. NO error message. Just that little bit of audio and pictures not sync-ing up bothers me (and it only happens in certain places).
YOU, Jeff are a genius!! Thank you soooo much.
What is your take on quality of a DVD from MovieMaker versus Encore??
~nadine

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 8, 2008 at 12:53:01 am

[Nadine Martinez] "I started another "Build Disk" in Encore and all seemed to work fine
No problems. NO error message."

Good job!

[Nadine Martinez] "Just that little bit of audio and pictures not sync-ing up bothers me (and it only happens in certain places)."

This could be an issue only with Encore's preview. Burn an RW disc (now that you can burn!) and test the disc on a real DVD player.

[Nadine Martinez] "What is your take on quality of a DVD from MovieMaker versus Encore??"

If the video is properly encoded, authoring and burning from WMM shouldn't be significantly different than En. However, the encoding of the .avi files to MPEG2 DVD files is critical, and WMM can't do as good a job as Encore.

I'm glad this project is working out now.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 8, 2008 at 1:12:03 am

Jeff ~

Just finished watching it on a regular DVD player. It is so strange.
I really fine tuned it in Premiere Pro..everything changed RIGHT on the beat...and I'm a drummer!! But in Media Player and now on the DVD in a DVD player...every so often...it is slightly off!??
Not everyone will notice it...but I do, and I KNOW that the original is not that way...so what's up?
I can't thank you enough for all of your insight and time you spent with me. You ROCK!!
~nadine

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 8, 2008 at 1:19:56 am

I don't know why it's off every so often.

Is the music 44KHz? Transcoded DVD audio is 48 KHz. But if that was the issue, one would expect it to get worse the longer the clip played.

All I can suggest is to go back into Pr and double- and triple-check all the picture placements as they currently exist. There are any number of reasons that they may have been inadvertently displaced.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Nadine Martinez
on Aug 8, 2008 at 2:19:18 am

Jeff ~

I just want to thank you, again.
I will tweak the project in Premiere Pro and export one more time.
But I couldn't be happier with the overall success of the whole thing.
I couldn't have done this without you - THANK YOU!
~ nadine

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 8, 2008 at 2:22:00 am

You're welcome. :-) Glad to help.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]