FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you prepare project to burn to dual layer in adobe encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael callaghan
How do you prepare project to burn to dual layer in adobe encore
on Aug 1, 2008 at 9:53:39 pm

This is the 1st time i have attempted to burn a 3 hour 40 minute project to a dual layer disc using Adobe Encore 1.5.1 as part of Adode video collection 6.5. All my previous projects have been burnt to dvd-r 4.7gb. I naively prepared this project as you would if you were burning to 4.7 gb disc and obviously it failed to burn. Could someone let me know how to prepare project, ie do you split the content in half and burn each to a seperate layer and do you save project to hdd as disc image etc, i have a dual layer burner but no dlt drive and am totally confused!Could you please use the idiot's guide

Thanks

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: How do you prepare project to burn to dual layer in adobe encore
on Aug 1, 2008 at 11:57:43 pm

No, you don't have to prepare two projects. Just go to build your disc and in the settings section of the dialogue box change disc size from 4.7gb to 8.54gb. If you also specify the layer break to be manual (if you have a single long timeline, it's best to set it manually so it's located away from talking etc) you will be shown the Set Layer Transition dialogue where you can do this.

You may also have a problem if you try using -R DVDs. I believe Encore only supports +R DVDs.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysFX

Return to posts index

michael callaghan
on Aug 2, 2008 at 9:54:47 pm

Original attempt to burn was done using 8.5 gb option but i did not manually set layer break, but from what i gather encore will prompt to set layer break manually if it cannot automatically find point,which did not happen.Project when through full build until validating media when it ejected disc with error message "this image is not an intergal of 2048 sector size (dvd error -27207)I am using Verbatim 8.5 gb 8xdvd+r printable dl, but i am not printing an image onto disc, would this have anything to do with it failing? Any suggestons Simon?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 2, 2008 at 11:34:27 pm

Don't set copy protection or region coding for a burned disc.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

michael callaghan
on Aug 3, 2008 at 6:43:22 pm

Thanks Jeff,burnt successfully, after a week of pulling my hair out!
Thanks again

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Aug 3, 2008 at 7:01:04 pm

You're welcome. I hope your hair grows back. :-)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]