FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fatal Error meaning?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walter biscardi
Fatal Error meaning?
on Jul 28, 2008 at 2:02:01 pm

Among all the other issues we have to deal with trying to get Encore to actually author BluRay discs is a very inconsistent "Fatal Error." The only way around this Fatal Error is to simply keep trashing the Encore Prefs and creating new projects until it finally creates the ISO file.

Anyone have a clue what this error is? It always appears as it starts to Build a movie.

Blu-Ray Error: "Fatal Error", Code: "6", Note "

Better yet, anyone have a link to all the error codes?

We know the movies are good because we've already created BluRay discs with them in the past and eventually they do work.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Fatal Error meaning?
on Jul 28, 2008 at 4:26:31 pm

Hi Walter,

Please read this Adobe User-to-User forum topic:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b5f3ac/2

It should shed some light on your situation.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 28, 2008 at 5:40:22 pm

[Jeff Bellune] "It should shed some light on your situation. "

Thank you very much for that lead. It helps in a roundabout way.

If you have a Chapter Menu and you delete that AuthorScript folder, the Fatal Error does not go away.

If you create a new project, deactivate the Chapter Menu, Build the project, the Fatal Error goes away.

Then go back in and re-activate the Chapter Menu, now the project is building for the first time all day after 20 attempts so far.

I wonder if that person who found this solution (he has more patience than I do right now) uses Chapter Menus or if he's just creating simple, one menu, "Play" type of projects. It's looking more and more like it's that secondary menu that causes all the problems in BluRay for whatever reason.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 28, 2008 at 8:39:40 pm

[walter biscardi] "If you have a Chapter Menu and you delete that AuthorScript folder, the Fatal Error does not go away.

If you create a new project, deactivate the Chapter Menu, Build the project, the Fatal Error goes away.

Then go back in and re-activate the Chapter Menu, now the project is building for the first time all day after 20 attempts so far. "

Well, that idea was short-lived. Next title is giving me the exact same issue, only I can't get the Fatal Errors to go away using my method for the first disc. Throwing away or renaming that AuthorScript folder doesn't do anything either. Creating a brand new project didn't solve anything either.

I guess Encore quits giving Fatal Errors whenever it wants to. Thankfully I only have 2 more titles left and I'll be done. Maybe I'll get them authored by Friday if I'm lucky.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 28, 2008 at 9:38:01 pm

Yep, I can confirm that it's the Chapter Selection Menu, or I guess any 2nd menu, that throws in the Fatal Error on these projects. I guess Encore can't handle more than one menu in BluRay.

Stick to one menu, a few buttons and I can create a BD-R or BD-ROM image every time.

Add that 2nd menu and it will work 1 time out of 100.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]