FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Linked AE Comp

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Sphar
Problem with Linked AE Comp
on Jul 25, 2008 at 9:30:25 pm

I have some experience with Adobe CS3 Dynamic Link between After Effects and PP, but this is my first experience with Dynamic Link between AE and Encore CS3.

I have an animated comp in AE that I am trying to use in Encore as a menu. It contains a title animation and some animated elements. It has one button added in AE. I am able to bring this comp into Encore using any of the methods mentioned in the threads here, and I am able to ALT+DRAG the linked comp to a blank menu previously added to the Encore project. The linked comp will also preview properly in Encore.

But I cannot get the menu to the out point of the animation, where the button appears. I read in one post here that buttons are not created best in AE, so I tried the comp without the button from AE, and got the same results: the clip previews correctly, but does not stop at the end of the clip so that I can add the button in PS or Encore. BTW, this animation does not loop. I want it to stop with the one button on-screen.

I also tried rendering an .avi file of the animation from AE and importing it into Encore and ALT+DRAGGING the movie to the blank menu. Again, everything previews fine, but I cannot get the menu in design mode to stop at the end of the animation.

Surely I am missing something simple here. Since I am on deadline I would appreciate advice from anyone experienced with this.

Thanks,

--Jim Sphar

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Problem with Linked AE Comp
on Jul 25, 2008 at 11:46:24 pm

Enter the timecode where you want the button to appear in Loop Point property in Menu properties.

The ideal scenario is to put all your graphical elements together in AE, then export an AVI for use as the menu background. Then in Encore, have button folders that contain only highlight layers.

Return to posts index

Jim Sphar
on Jul 26, 2008 at 10:40:27 pm

Thanks for your answer, Joe. I verified that setting the loop point does make the button appear, but when I bring that comp into Encore it does not show a layer button that can be linked. It shows the "MENU" button on-screen, but I can't select it so I can't link it or work with it at all.

So I rendered out an .avi as you suggested. When I ALT+DRAG the .avi to the blank menu, and set the loop point, I get the menu to play as it should but with no button. So I deleted the button in AE, re-rendered and tried to add the button by editing the menu in PS. That gives me a button layer, but it doesn't seem to activate.

From reading your posts on this forum, you seem to be really skilled with Encore. Can you suggest what I might still be doing wrong?

Thanks again.

--Jim

Return to posts index

Jim Sphar
on Jul 27, 2008 at 2:14:10 am

I think I figured it out. I was not adding the proper subpicture layers to the button layer.

Thanks,

--Jim

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 28, 2008 at 10:46:08 pm

That's it...the button in the menu file should be only the button folder and a subpicture layer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]