FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assigning in and out points to buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chet Wesley
Assigning in and out points to buttons
on Jul 21, 2008 at 6:35:06 pm

I am new to Encore, I have a question.

I am trying to set up a DVD which has clips that are all pulled from one longer media file.

The idea is to have a menu with buttons which navigate to a certain clip. The clip is supposed to play, and then when it reaches the end marker, return to the menu.

The clips I would like to use have been marked off with markers in the main sequence. I have marked points for both in and out of each clip in the sequence (when the clips should start and when they should end).

However, I need to have a separate button which plays a longer segment all the way through without stopping at those markers within it.

I have set up a menu with buttons which navigate to the appropriate place to start (which works fine), but I can't see a way to tell it that it is only going to play up to a certain point and then go back to the menu.

Is there a way to assign a button so that it is pointing to both an in and out marker?

Am I setting this up or thinking about this in the wrong way?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: Assigning in and out points to buttons
on Jul 22, 2008 at 12:24:07 am

Have you thought about setting it up with a series of playlists? Someone else pointed that out to me as a possibility when I had a similar project issue to the one you're describing. Search in your helpfiles for playlist and see if you can do anything with it.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]