FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gap in Audio Loop

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terrence Fuller
Gap in Audio Loop
on Jul 21, 2008 at 4:21:21 pm

I'm a newbie to DVD authoring and I'm using Adobe Encore CS3 on a Windows XP machine. The problem I'm experiencing has to do with loop audio on menus. Instead of having smooth, continuous sound, the loop has a gap in sound. The loop starts as would be expected, plays well, but when it reaches the end of the loop, there's one to two seconds of dead air before the sound restarts. It's as if the menu is reinitializing. I thought I might have something with my menu or audio file and so I loaded in one of Adobe's stock menus which has an audio background loop. This menu has the same problem. I've written the project to DVD and played on a topset, and the gap is also in the final output. I have no idea what I have wrong.

How can I set up/create a menu with continuous loop audio?

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Gap in Audio Loop
on Jul 21, 2008 at 4:49:51 pm

There's nothing wrong with what you have done. The DVD specification does not allow for seamless looping, so this would happen with any DVD authoring software. The menu is having to restart at your loop point, resulting in the small gap. This gap will vary in different players, deepnding on how quickly they restart the menu.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Terrence Fuller
Re: Gap in Audio Loop
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:28:34 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I went back and looked at some pro/studio DVDs. Boy did they fool me. No, the sound on them isn't a seamless loop. They handle the "problem" by using longer loops then I was using (15 sec.). Their scores are simple at the beginning and end, so as to lend to fade in and out on the ends.

Terry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]