FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray Menu not moving

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank quadreny
Blu-Ray Menu not moving
on Jul 15, 2008 at 5:04:03 pm

Hi, I am trying to create an IMG file of my Blu-ray dvd and it I cannot get the menu aimated. If I create the disk in SD the menu moves just fine in the preview, but when I build it in Blu-ray the menu will not move, its just static. Iv'e tried transcoding prior to preview, and rendering during the preview (buton all the way to the left) and still nothing.

Is this just not going to work ? Are we not at the point where Encore can provide a moving menu in Blu-ray ?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Blu-Ray Menu not moving
on Jul 15, 2008 at 6:57:45 pm

Encore CS3 can create motion menus for Blu-ray.

But reading your post, I'm confused - are you burning a Blu-ray disc from Encore?

Return to posts index

frank Quadreny
on Jul 15, 2008 at 7:16:59 pm

Hi, yeah I am creating a blu-ray disk in Encore. Im actually creating an IMG file so that I can take it to the local post house that have BD-R burners. I have a laptop and since no internal BD-R are available I am going the post house route (cost is not that bad).

What I've done is taken one of the SD motion menus into After Effects, removed a few elements and made a slight change then exported it in various size's (1920x1080, 1440x1080...etc) none of them end up moving in the menu.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jul 15, 2008 at 9:01:28 pm

What I would do is go to the library and find a HD menu. They may come with a motion background. You could try that just to see if you can get that to work.
Did you increase the still menu size also?
Actually, what I have done successfully, is to take a "Wide screen" SD menu with the motion menu, increase the menu itself to 1920x108 in Photoshop and increase the size of the motion menu in Cineform to 1980x1080, which worked well. I've not done this in AE. Does the motion menu play in Win Media player?
Just experiment to see if you can get it to work.
Then I would burn a BluRay Image as you have done and then just use your regular DVD burner on your laptop and use ImgBurn to burn the project (a small experimental less than 20 min project) to a regular DVD-+R disk and play it on your BluRay player to see how it looks.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

frank quadreny
on Jul 16, 2008 at 6:56:43 pm

I could not find any HD menus that had motion, they were all static.
I did increase the still menu also. I did just like what you described, a "Wide screen" SD menu with the motion menu, increased the menu in photoshop to 1920x1080 and the motion menu in AE to 1920x1080, the file does play as a standalone file in quicktime. But it will not preview in motion. I tried creating a 7 min BLU-Ray IMG and it also did not have the motion. I'm just completely stuck.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jul 16, 2008 at 8:23:29 pm

I found Crib Menu HD (1920x1080) under General - Menus and when I imported it into my project it came in with BabyRoom Motion menu.Mov (1280x720) about 29 sec long and the motion menu was already imbedded.

Crib Menu HD previewed after Rendering Motion Menus, perfectly including navigation. I then burned a bluRay folder of just the menu and its motion background. I then edited the folder (necessary to get it to play on my PS3), and burned the folder to a DVD+R disk and it plays perfectly on my PS3 on my TV, Motion and navigation.

Not to be insulting, but you are Rendering the Motion menu before you preview it, and you are trying to burn the image file you are creating to a DVD so you can check it in your player?
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 24, 2008 at 3:27:33 pm

[frank quadreny] "If I create the disk in SD the menu moves just fine in the preview, but when I build it in Blu-ray the menu will not move, its just static. Iv'e tried transcoding prior to preview, and rendering during the preview (buton all the way to the left) and still nothing. "

it has to be an HD movie file for it to move, I don't believe Encore will just blow up an SD movie for an HD menu.

We simply use any video from our project to create motion menus for our BluRay projects. We just compress it using the exact same compression scheme as the main presentation. This hasn't been a problem. Whatever you do, don't create a Chapter Menu or anything that involves a lot of buttons in BluRay, they won't work correctly at all.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

frank quadreny
on Jul 24, 2008 at 3:39:36 pm

Hi Walter, thanks for the input, what I did was take the SD animation into After Effects and up'd it to HD then exported a new mov file. But that still didnt work, I actually tried some of the included HD animated menus (like the CRIB) and it also did not animate during preview. Very weird, must be a bug in my software.

I've gone ahead and taken my project files, all transcoded, to the production house and they will be building the menu for me, so in the end I will be getting what I need.

Thanks Again !

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 24, 2008 at 4:41:03 pm

[frank quadreny] "Hi Walter, thanks for the input, what I did was take the SD animation into After Effects and up'd it to HD then exported a new mov file. But that still didnt work, I actually tried some of the included HD animated menus (like the CRIB) and it also did not animate during preview. Very weird, must be a bug in my software. "

Don't add a .mov file. It's needs to be a proper compressed BluRay file.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]