FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore General Error ....

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Moor
Encore General Error ....
on Jul 14, 2008 at 11:13:27 am

I'm having this exact same issue after loading CS2 on my new Dell Workstation (worked fine on the old Dell XPS). Does anyone know if this was resolved?
(forums.creativecow.net/thread/145/861324)

Re: Encore CS3 "General Error"
by Aviator459 on Sep 4, 2007 at 11:27:32 pm

I have the same issues, but for me it seems to happen after I preview the menu or do a build. In any event, I believe a video file is created for the menu and stored in the SourcesVideo folder of your project folder. I believe the name of the file is determined by your video settings. My file is called mp24x3NTSC720x480.mpg.

The strange thing here is once it is created it cannot be deleted. Even after Encore is closed. There is a stuck process that is keeping it tied up and therefore, when Encore tries to recreate it in a new build or preview, it generates a general error. I am unable to identify the process in Task Manager, so I doubt that it is listed there. Could be a memory leak/error within the program. Something is not being closed in memory.

After rebooting the computer, the file is freed and able to be deleted. Encore then responds normally until it has to recreate that file which is again stuck summoning the general error.

No solution here, just an observation. Check it out on your system and see if you are getting similar results. Maybe Adobe can issue a fix to this seemingly notorious bug in their code.

Return to posts index

James Moor
*Solution* Re: Encore General Error ....
on Jul 15, 2008 at 1:40:30 am

If anyone is interested or has run into this problem, my solution was to uninstall Google Desktop application. The Google Desktop application was apparently one of those included applications that come with a new computer. I certainly didn't go out and download/install it. Anyway, that fixed the problem, so if you have the problem or know someone that does, this may be the fix for you. If not, i have a process by which you can help you pinpoint what may be the problem on your specific system. Feel free to email me directly if you need. jdmoor@bellsouth.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]