FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where does Encore keep it's "Render Motion Menu" files?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Rich
Where does Encore keep it's "Render Motion Menu" files?
on Jul 10, 2008 at 1:15:05 pm

I had an idea that I could use the "render motion menu" file as a motion menu background file for a menu (obviously using After Effects would be easier, but if I didn't have AE, it might be of value).

Anyway, I tried to find the "render" file somewhere in the file structure. I went to the project file (the one created with the .ncor file), opened to Sources, opened to Menus, and opened. There was an MPEG2 file Video_Cpgc_Fsf.mpg of 14 MB ithe menus file.
This is only a single frame of the menu (will play in WindMEd Player as single frame) and if I copy, rename, import as asset and use to replace the menu background, it is only a still frame.

Does Encore create an actual file when it "renders motion menus", and if so where does it keep it. Even when I close Encore and reopen it, if there were no changes in the menu, I can play the menu with motion using Preview without rerendering, so it must save something.
Thanks in advance,
John Rich

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Where does Encore keep it's "Render Motion Menu" files?
on Jul 10, 2008 at 1:58:38 pm

Encore keeps rendered motion menu files in the project folderSourcesMenus.

Not sure what the problem is with the one file you found, but if Encore can play it and other players on your system can't, there may be a problem with those other players or your system.

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Where does Encore keep it's "Render Motion Menu" files?
on Jul 10, 2008 at 6:18:06 pm

Thanks for your answer. I redid the project and for some reason, now Encore generated an appropriately sized file. I haven't tested whether this is necessary or not, but I copied and renamed the file to some file outside of the root file of the project. You're right about Window Media player 10 which I have. It still won't play it so it's probably something in my system.
Thanks again,
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]