FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiplexing problem? damaged output

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Ditz
multiplexing problem? damaged output
on Jul 5, 2008 at 8:37:38 am

Hi there.

im new to encore, but i have weired problem. hopefully someone could help me.

I didn't get out a working DVD out of Encore.
It looks like encore reversed my field dominanz during multiplexing (building dvd to .iso or TS_Folder)??!!!!

My source .mpg files looks correct. even in the preview monitor the dvd plays fine. The movies looks fine.

Here's my setup/workflow:

I use Sorensen SqueezeV4.7x on WinXP ,
to encode my .mpg (PAL interlaced - Top field first - mpeg2 - 720x576 with pcm 48khz) files.
The movies looks ok with the MediaPlayer.
I imported it into Encore. No erros! Make the menu structre. test my Dvd with the internal
preview function of Encore. Menu works. Movie looks good..so everthing OK!
My Quality Settings are "Do not transcode".
..so ..go to Build DVD. No errors during process.
Open the finished DVD into Software dvd player ..and.. the movies are destroyed.
It looks like encore destroyed my fields?!!!! The movie looks shuttered or reversed fielded
.totally damaged! Encore didint encode during building so i guess its an multiplexing problem.
Is there an multipelxing option in Encore that i dind't find? Or any elso idear?

greetz

sebastian

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: multiplexing problem? damaged output
on Jul 5, 2008 at 1:34:00 pm

Multiplexing doesn't mess with the fields at all.

PAL video is normally upper field first, but PAL DV video is lower field first. If your source material is DV, then transcoding to UFF in Squeeze is what's reversing your field order.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Sebastian Ditz
Re: multiplexing problem? damaged output
on Jul 5, 2008 at 2:07:49 pm

>>>>Multiplexing doesn't mess with the fields at all.
.. first thx! thats a good information!

>>>>>PAL video is normally upper field first, but PAL DV video is lower field first. If your source material >>>>>is DV, then transcoding to UFF in Squeeze is what's reversing your field order.

I have upper field first! I use Squeeze to encode my PAL D1 movies from a Avid QT Reference.
The strange thing is that my internal preview from encore looks good .. equal to when i play the files
with MediaPlayer or VLC.

I produce working dvds with DVDStudio Pro with the same kind of source files succesfully.

Please help.. i'm new to encore ...maybe theirs a setting i didint know ..that makes this weired output?!
greetz
sebastian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]