FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preview & monitor show me low-res video when it's HD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Brown
Preview & monitor show me low-res video when it's HD
on Jul 2, 2008 at 1:52:26 am

Is this something I should be worried about? I've imported a HD file (as well as an AE project which is also HD), and while AE shows me the proper high resolution of the image, Encore's image is low-definition and crummy looking, both in the "monitor" and in the preview. Encore also seems fit to add black bars on the left and right sides.. and the two bars aren't even of the same width. Be assured that those bars were NOT part of the imported video or AE project.

I've finally managed to make a couple of Bluray test images, which I will test as soon as I can figure out how (no burner yet). Meanwhile, now that I've learned that Encore is plagued with issues, I really need to figure out what they mean and how to skirt them. I have about two days left.

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Preview & monitor show me low-res video when it's HD
on Jul 2, 2008 at 2:04:23 am

Marc,
You really don't need a bluray burner to make those short test images. You do need a bluray player or Playstation3. though.

Check out this thread and tutorial and you might find it useful.
http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29665

John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Marc Brown
on Jul 2, 2008 at 3:35:34 am

Thanks for the link. How, exactly, are folks creating Blu-ray "folders" with Encore, as opposed to an ISO?

I'm sure it will be obvious, two seconds after I read how. ;p

While I'm at it.. I'd like to sort out Encore's rather ambiguous encoding options. For 1920x1080 H264 @29.97fps, we have:

Long play
High quality
Maximum quality

Now, it seems a safe bet that 1-pass and 2-pass are in that mix somewhere. But which? And what does "long play" mean? This is important, because I'm down to the wire, and will have essentially only one crack at rendering the whole video as an ISO for burning before my deadline arrives. It's two hours long.

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jul 2, 2008 at 10:45:02 am

Personally, I would just let encore do the encoding automatically.
In the "Build" window, make sure you have your destination set where you want it and name the project in the "Disc" window.

Then there is a dropdown which say either BluRay or DVD. Select BluRay. Right below this is another dropdown, which says Image, Folder or Disk. That's where you get the folder.

If you're going to play your test on PS3, you have to edit the folder, and that's what my tutorial is all about.

Also, you would probably want to select H264 for your encoding. I think this is done by File-Project settings -Encoding.
Again, since you are just doing a short (less than 10 min) project here, I would chose MPEG2 rather than H264 which supposedly would short encoding time, and then you could see if you could do the whole thing with MPEG2.
Just my thoughts.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Blase Theodore
on Aug 13, 2009 at 10:24:32 pm

I'm seeing the same problem. 1080p footage is imported correctly but viewed at low resolution in both the monitor and preview window.

Is this just a preview issue, or is this how my blu-ray disks will look?

Thanks,
Blase

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]