FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound to buttons?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Adkins
Sound to buttons?
on Jun 26, 2008 at 2:50:21 pm

Can you set audio to the over state of a button in Encore? If so could someoneplease tell me how to do it.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Sound to buttons?
on Jun 26, 2008 at 7:46:16 pm

The DVD-Video format doesn't support anything like this - in DVD-Video, button highlights are used to indicate the selected button. Button highlights are 2 bit graphical layer with no sound support.

However, you can fake this effect by using multiple menus, one for each button with the sound attached to the menu, link each button to its "sound" menu, and then use auto-activate feature on buttons to make the menu switch when the button is selected.

Beware this workaround gets tedious when there are several buttons in the menu, and will not work correctly on a software DVD player (you will have to click on the buttons to switch to the next menu).

Return to posts index

Ray Adkins
on Jun 26, 2008 at 8:19:53 pm

Will that work for a motion menu?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 27, 2008 at 2:31:30 pm

Not without disruption, no.

Understand that you're trying to work around the limitations of the format. Unfortunately, workarounds are seldom perfect.

It's up to you, but I find working within the limitations of the format usually generates the best result. That's why I don't try to paint with an electric guitar, or play a chord with my paintbox. :)

Return to posts index

Ray Adkins
on Jun 27, 2008 at 5:03:53 pm

Well I guess my client will have to live with no sounds for buttons.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]