FORUMS: list search recent posts

sound too low !

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Robbins
sound too low !
on Jun 25, 2008 at 12:44:53 pm

This is so odd,

I have made my edits to the video and the sound in premiere is only at -18db. I also have background music.

For some reason when I export it to adobe encore the final product is far too soft. So I tried bumping up the gain.

It is still too soft?

Wha advice do yu have for a movie track that is too low with background music and a good volumed voice over?

I trid balancing them in premiere and then exporting the 3 tracks as one file- but it is still too quiet (the interviews)- but the music and voice over are perfect.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: sound too low !
on Jun 25, 2008 at 1:42:57 pm

In PPro, if you adjust volume for the Master track and set it at the proper level for the combined soundtrack/VO, then it is likely your interview track (which I assume is voice-only) will be mixed down at too low a volume.

You can either animate (keyframe) the volume changes on the Master track to bring up the interview volume, or you can create a new submix track and route the soundtrack and VO tracks to the submix, then adjust the volume of the submix to the proper levels. If you use the submix track, leave the Master track volume alone.

FWIW, for output to DVD, I set my peaks at -6 dB in PPro.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]