FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem creating an Exit Button - CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Milner
Problem creating an Exit Button - CS3
on Jun 18, 2008 at 10:23:03 am

I know it's a dumb question, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Using CS3 I have a menu I created in Photoshop with Encore compatible menus ie: (=1) naming stucture. I have an Exit button that I want to simply exit the DVD program. Under the Menu Tab, I find my Exit Button and click once to highlight it.
In the Button tab of the Properties panel, I set the link to Stop.

Is this wrong? When I Preview the DVD in Encore, the exit button seems to stop the DVD, but doesn't exit. When the DVD is created and played on another computer it doesn't exit, and when I make a Flash .swf of the DVD project, it doesn't do anything.

Is there a secret setting I don't know about? Does the Stop action only work on certain DVD softwares? I'm using PowerDVD 5 but my client has mentioned that it doesn't work on his machine.

Help would be great.

Kind Regards,
Clint

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Problem creating an Exit Button - CS3
on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:39:46 pm

Do you mean a menu button to eject the disc from the player?

That's not possible with DVD-Video.

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:46:48 pm

No, not stop the physical DVD player, but in a player, the exit button will revert the DVD player to its default screen (as if there wasn't a disc in the player) and like I mentioned, PowerDVD 5 will actually stop playing the disc, but my client says that it's not working.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 18, 2008 at 3:03:44 pm

Do you mean a hard stop?

Most DVD players have two stop modes: soft (temporary stop, which immediately resumes from where you started if you play again) and hard stop, that you are describing. Usually a hard stop requires you to press the stop button twice on the remote control. Some DVD players have only a hard stop, and not two stop modes.

Executing a hard stop is a player function that can't be directly controlled by DVD authoring.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 18, 2008 at 3:06:18 pm

Er, that should be: temporary stop, which immediately resumes from where you stopped if you play again

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Jun 21, 2008 at 11:33:46 pm

occasionally I need to explain to clients how a DVD player works - people sometimes expect there to be a Menu button while the video plays. Trying to explain how to access the menu by right clicking the mouse can lead to glazed over eyes.
Many people, apparently, rent a DVD, play the movie and never access the menu.
Joe is correct, and exit button is something you would see in a Flash or Director program, not a video DVD.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]