FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapters won't advance

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Callero
Chapters won't advance
on Jun 17, 2008 at 10:55:32 pm

I am working on a 1280 x 720 Blu-ray NTSC project, in Encore CS3, version 3.0.2.007 on a Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 3 GB of RAM and running OS X 10.5.3. I am new to Encore, came from DVDSP.

Basically I have one menu and 3 timelines that use chapters. I successfully placed the chapter markers where I wanted them, however when I preview the disc and I click on the chapter next button, the video jumps to that chapter for a frame and then returns to where it was playing before I clicked on the chapter next button. On the display, it says I am at the next chapter, when visually I am not. Works the same going backwards.

When I preview the timeline in the Monitor, the chapter advance button only works if I double-click on it. Otherwise I have the same problem.

None of the chapters have stops and there are no overrides or anything disabled.

The video assets are .mov files, they have yet to be encoded.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Chapters won't advance
on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:41:17 pm

This could be a Leopard incompatibility with Encore. Doesn't happen for me on Tiger.

Just in case, make double-plus sure that you have no chapter end actions or overrides anywhere.

Return to posts index

Eric Callero
on Jun 19, 2008 at 3:08:40 am

Yeah, I double checked everything. No overrides or stops.
I went ahead and tested a SD DVD to see if I could advance the chapters, and the SD DVD had no problems.
Seems this problem is only related to a Blu-ray project.

Return to posts index

Eric Callero
on Jun 29, 2008 at 7:00:24 pm

So if anyone has this problem, I did a test burn and the chapters advanced just fine, so it must be some sort of GUI bug in the program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]