Invalid file path
on Jun 15, 2008 at 12:22:41 am

When trying to build a DVD folder I get and message saying "invalid file path"

Can anyone help me?

Return to posts index

Nick McCoy
Re: Invalid file path
on Jun 16, 2008 at 1:18:23 pm

My initial thought is that either one of your source files is gone, or the directory you are trying to build the DVD Folder to is invalid - as in it does not exist, is in use by something else... not accessible.

First, make sure that in the Build DVD dialog box your destination folder is a local hard drive with enough free space to house the project and NOT an external or network hard drive.

Return to posts index

Ben Aang
on Jun 16, 2008 at 8:14:53 pm

I moved the entire project from an external hard drive to the local C: and tried it again, I got the same message. Seems like no matter what I do I'll keep getting this same message

Return to posts index

Nick McCoy
on Jun 16, 2008 at 9:15:09 pm

Just to clarify, by entire project, you mean all the source files, your project folder and your .ncor file were moved to your local C: ? That's good. Just make sure that you are also building your DVD Folder on a local disk as well. If you're doing both and still having the same problem then.....

I'm guessing you use Premiere Pro as well for video? If you do, definitely read this next part(from the Adobe Help Center) and if you don't use Premiere check out the part at the bottom I bolded as it might help either way:

Media Cache Database
Adobe audio and video applications share a media cache database. The database tracks media accelerator files that improve performance and speed. For example, if Adobe Premiere Pro creates a conformed audio file, and you import media with that audio into Adobe Encore DVD, Encore uses the file from Premiere Pro, instead of creating a new conformed file. The media cache database informs Encore of the conformed file’s location. Click Clean to remove any old cached files; click Delete to discard the database (not the actual files, just the pointers to the files).
You can clean the database to free up additional disc space. You can delete the database to troubleshoot a project.

Return to posts index

Ben Aang
on Jun 17, 2008 at 2:10:12 am

I'm not that well verse in the technical term of this, so how exactly do I delete this database in lamest terms? If you don't mind.

Return to posts index

Ben Maes
on Aug 17, 2010 at 12:40:42 am

Hey,

In "disc info" you have to give a name to your disc. This name has to be exactely the same as the name of the folder you save your disc folder. Otherwise it will say that the path is invalid.

bye

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]