FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Build Progress" takes days for normal DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Barnstedt
"Build Progress" takes days for normal DVD
on Jun 13, 2008 at 7:22:29 am

Hey folks!

I just finished my first ever Adobe After Effects-Movie-DVD, brought it safely into Adobe Encore and started the Building Progress last night at 2am (yes, I am tired btw ;) with spirits high that I might get to see the final results this morning. But no way... It's definitely progressing for it's setting up the different menus and everything but optimistically the thing now, after 15 hours is at 10 percent... Now, is this common?

Some information about my computer and the project:
My laptop is fairly up-to-date with 2GHz Intel dualcore, 2GB RAM, GeForce graphics driver and Windows Vista.
What I find strange is that my harddrive seems to be working only very occasionally - not busy at all...
The Project consists of 4 AE-Animation-Videos (imported through DynamicLink and set into Timelines), about 25min and several menus (nearly 30) with video background and audio for each 20s.

Well, I know that's a big thing and it's all not yet transcoded but all DynamicLink so far but is this really making the whole thing taking days without really using a lot of my harddrive or is it probably not taking use of my graphics driver...? (just recently checked for updates).
Thanks for your help!
Oli

Return to posts index

Oliver Barnstedt
Re: "Build Progress" takes days for normal DVD
on Jun 15, 2008 at 10:37:38 pm

Well, it's finished now - the status bar must have been wrong - but it still took 36 hours for a 2GB-DVD...

By the way, probably a bug: The sound wasn't alright with two videos, most probably, as I've later realized, due to the fact that there was no more space on the drive with my project. So I marked those problem-videos as "Untranscoded", started building the dvd again but it still had the same problems. I have now deleted those transcoded files on my harddrive and even the cache and hope that with my next version this should be fixed. But this should have happened by marking "Untranscoded" before, shouldn't it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]