FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad Audio Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Boston
Bad Audio Problems
on Jun 12, 2008 at 2:11:16 pm

Hello All,

Let me start off by saying that I'm fairly new to Encore (migrating from DVD Studio Pro), so I understand how to build a DVD, but I don't understand all the settings and things with this particular software.

So far I've been able to build a DVD project with several menus, a bunch of :30 second spots, etc. I only have still menus, and the source material for my videos is a mix of Full Frame Microsoft AVI's, and uncompressed Quicktime Movies. When I preview the disc, it works just fine. When I build it and burn it to a disc, the audio is trashed. It gets a lot of loud pops and scratches, and really takes away from the video. When I go back to my original video files, they play fine, no problems. So clearly the problem is with transcoding/burning/etc.

I've used the default settings in Encore to make the disc. I think that I either need to go back and re-export all my source material to some other format (not sure which), or I need to change my transcode settings. Any ideas?

Other things to note: I'm also using Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 (actually everything is CS3), and all of the source material is DV 720 X 480 standard def video. Everything was edited/exported in Premiere. And I'm on Windows XP Pro, version 2, if that helps.

Thanks!
Nate

Return to posts index

Nate Boston
Re: Bad Audio Problems
on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:15:02 pm

Alright, so after lots of searching and trial and error, I finally figured out my problem!

All of my audio was too hot! In Adobe Premiere I had everything peaking around 0db, but after reading a few other forums online, I discovered that it should be peaking at -6db.

So if you ever run into a lot of scratches, pops, and generally bad audio, check your levels!

Hope this helps someone....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]