FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore will only burn one DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Ricke
Encore will only burn one DVD
on Jun 5, 2008 at 11:04:56 pm

I've looked everywhere for a solution to this problem, but haven't seen that it's happened to anyone else.

I've been using Encore 2.0 for about 6 months with a Plextor 712a that I bought maybe 2 years ago and it's been working great. But a few days ago I ran into a problem. I'd burn a DVD just fine, and then when trying to burn a second disc it will give me an error. Also whenever it gives me an error it will also grey out the "test before writing checkbox" and change the write speed from 8x (which is the maximum speed of my plextor) to 48x.

After either restarting my computer, I can usually (not always) burn one more, before having to restart again.

I've had a Roxio DVD burning program on my computer for some time now, and it hasn't caused any problems, but after reading it might have interfered, I uninstalled it. I've also updated the firmware for my Plextor drive. (potentially stupid question: Is the firmware the same as it's driver, or should I try to update something else for my DVD drive?)

Anyway, hope someone might be able to help. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]