FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Play Menu Fade to Black????

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Milner
First Play Menu Fade to Black????
on Jun 4, 2008 at 4:11:43 pm

I'm in CS3 and I have a corporate logo on a menu that I have set as the first play. It's white in color. I also have a timeline with a movie in it that starts off with a fade up from black.

I'm wanting to have the menu screen hold for 5 seconds or so, and then fade to black where it will then pick up the main movie timeline and seem to flow together.

Is this possible in En CS3? Or should I take the psd into Premiere and create a little movie of just the menu that has a fade built into it?

Any expertise would be great.
Many thanks,
Clint

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: First Play Menu Fade to Black????
on Jun 4, 2008 at 8:24:22 pm

You have the right idea - export the PSD, import it into Premiere, then animate the fade and export an AVI/MOV. Import that video file into Encore, set it to the video background for the menu, and then hide all the menu layers.

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
on Jun 5, 2008 at 1:12:06 pm

Thank you for that, I was guessing that I had to do it, but I thought I'd ask in case Encore CS3 had added something cool that I hadn't figured out yet.

So the video for my project is PAL (DVPAL anamorphic 1.42) and the audio is 48KHz stereo, and I've tried exporting, and during the fade out, I get some noticeable pixelation that I think might be caused by the export process.

Can you recommend a setting where I could get the highest quality from this first scene?

Thanks again,
Clint

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 4, 2008 at 8:25:03 pm

Oh, and of course set the end action of the menu to the timeline you want to play.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]