FORUMS: list search recent posts

S.O.S. - What are the highest quality settings you can recommend for DVD?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Milner
S.O.S. - What are the highest quality settings you can recommend for DVD?
on Jun 3, 2008 at 2:17:48 pm

I'm doing a job where the video is with another person and I need to know what settings he should save and export the video as so we can get the best quality of DVD.

It's a 12 minute dvd, so size is no issue. I believe the other person is using Final Cut, which I'm not too familiar with.

Could someone please let me know what would be the best setting for him to export and the best transcode setting for me to use in Encore CS3.

Many, many thanks!
Clint

Return to posts index

Mike Aurand
Re: S.O.S. - What are the highest quality settings you can recommend for DVD?
on Jun 4, 2008 at 2:59:37 am

Well... how are you getting the video? What quality is the source?

You could have them compress it to an mpeg2 file at 8Mbps. That should be fine. You could have them give you a much higher bitrate and re-compress.

That will also let you use stereo uncompressed audio. If you compress your audio you can use a higher video bitrate.

Return to posts index

heath firestone
on Jun 4, 2008 at 4:56:20 am

Two Pass 7Mbps VBR is a good bet. Some DVD players get goofy if the data rate ever jumps over 8Mbps, so 7Mbps is a little safer. Doing a two pass encode means it can plan out the compression to optimize for encoding. It's one of the presets, and I use it when space it not a concern.

Heath

Return to posts index

Mike Aurand
on Jun 6, 2008 at 5:00:34 am

VBR is always good. When I have a a video as short as yours I would still just do constant bit rate because it's quicker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]