FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems making custom buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Leituga
Problems making custom buttons
on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:29:53 pm

Hi there, I'm pretty new to Encore and I've been trying to make some custom buttons for my dvd menu.

I did it all in photoshop, using the codes.

Basically what I pretend is to have extra graphics to appear or a button graphic to be replaced by another when highlighted.

What is happening is that Encore uses the "mouseover" graphic as a mask to completely highlight the area.

These graphics are elaborated, with many colors.

Please help.

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: Problems making custom buttons
on Jun 3, 2008 at 9:40:36 am

So what you want to happen is, when you highlight the button it gets replaced by another 'button' graphic rather than a typical highlighting effect?

In this case, you don't want to specify your new graphic as a subpicture (which I think is what you're doing) but rather make a duplicate menu with the new graphic in it and make the button self-activate. That way it will look like the button is changing, when in fact you are sending the viewer to a new menu.

It's a bit of a pain to have multiple similar menus, but I believe this is the only way to do it in Encore.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysFX

Return to posts index

Carlos Leituga
on Jun 3, 2008 at 1:54:08 pm

Yes, I found a topic here about each button having its own sound and I adapted the reply to my advantage.
Now, the only trouble I'm having is to make the button change when the mouse goes over it. The preview only changes the buttons when I click on them or use the arrows to go to them.

Also, I've been trying to import mpeg2 files to the project and they load indefinitely, with the loading bar keeping reaching its end and going back a bit.

I'm getting disappointed with encore... Is there a better, more flexible, DVD menu creation program?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 3, 2008 at 3:43:29 pm

Unfortunately, this method does not work for software DVD players. There is no workaround.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Ronnie Smith
on Jun 5, 2008 at 5:06:58 pm

You can try Sony DVD Architect, I use it and Encore, just getting into Encore though.

Return to posts index

Nick McCoy
on Jun 16, 2008 at 1:08:04 pm

I am of the understanding that this problem (as well as many other annoyances of DVD authoring) is simply a limitation of the DVD format's technology.

Are you saying that you are able to create this kind of thing in the Sony DVD Architect software? If so I will definitely have to give it a trial run!

*soapbox quickie* I was originally excited when I found out CS3 could make Flash files, and thought it would be great to have my Demo Reel DVD and Website look the same. Two birds, one stone! Then I learned Flash basics and realized my DVD will never look that way. In fact, as a DVD it looks good, as a website it looks amateurish.... mediocre at best. If only we could use Flash and Javascript to author DVDs.... *end soapbox*

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:46:01 pm

Something called the DVD-Video specification, from which all DVD players are manufactured for functionality of the format, stands in the way... :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]