FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd output not stable

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Galea
dvd output not stable
on Jun 1, 2008 at 9:15:42 am

can anyone help please? I`m using adobe encore 2.0. My problem is when I output my work to DVD the footage is not stable, it has like a ghosty look, exaple when a persone moves the hand it`s like I slow the footage and flickers. Any help please ?
Thanks
Ray G

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: dvd output not stable
on Jun 1, 2008 at 1:44:11 pm

It sounds like you have somehow inverted the field order of your footage.

What is the format, codec and field order of your source footage and what are your Encore transcode settings?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Ray Galea
on Jun 1, 2008 at 4:39:48 pm

Hi Jeff,
The footage oroginal Format was from a DVcam than editied in Adobe premiere pro 2.0 which makes the file AVI. The Encore transcode settings are Pal DV Hich quality 7mb VBR 2 pass. Video Codec: Mainconcept MPEG Video. Field Order: Lower.
I hope this is the info you ask for and thanks for your reply hope you can help me out

Ray

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 1, 2008 at 5:12:38 pm

Another concern is your display device; where are you viewing the DVD when you see the ghosting and flickering? Is it on a computer only? How about an HDTV or a regular interlaced TV?

Another question and something you can try:

Did you keep LFF all through the editing and export of the video from PPro?

As a quick test, export a small segment of your PPro timeline just like you did for the whole timeline.

Import that small segment into Encore and transcode it with Upper Field First.

Burn it to an RW disc and try playing it back again on whatever device you used the first time. Results?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Ray Galea
on Jun 1, 2008 at 5:35:44 pm

When viewing the project in the preview on my PC all is OK, the problem is when exporting the project to burn DVD. I`m viewing the DVD on a normal TV also on High resolution monitor on both the ghosting and flickering is there. It seems theres somthing wrong when burning DVD. When I edited the footage all I did save it as an avi file than I biuld a menu on Encore and imported the footage.
I did try to transcode it with Upper Field First also did try to burn on a RW disc still the end result was the same :-( I even vary the speed on the burning DVD from 1x to 24 x still the problem is there.
Ray

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 1, 2008 at 5:46:10 pm

This indicates to me that somewhere in your production pipeline, (recording, capture, editing or export), you have deinterlaced your footage or made it progressive.

Find out where that is happening and change things so that you keep your interlaced source footage interlaced.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Ray Galea
on Jun 1, 2008 at 5:53:54 pm

As far as I know I didnt change a thing while cpturing or edting. This porblem just popped out a couple f month ago was back to normal after I burn about 8 DVD but now it`s back still confused

Return to posts index

Ray Galea
on Jun 3, 2008 at 7:08:10 am

Finaly I manage to get it right after loads of different DVD`s and headaces.
What I did:
1. Opened my edited footage in adobe Premiere Pro
2. Exported the edited footage to avi again this time I made sure it was set to LOWER FIELD
3. Re build on a new project on Adobe encore using the new avi footage
4. The setting where on Adobe encore 2.0:
Pal High Quility 4MB VBR 2 Pass
Field order LOWER
Bitrate encoding This time I set it to CBR
Don`t know if it was a miricle or this set up work :-)))
Finaly I can relax NOW

Hope this will help anyone who had the same problem
also Thanks Jeff for trying to help me out sorting my problem.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 3, 2008 at 1:17:43 pm

You're welcome. Thanks for posting your solution. :-)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]