FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Edge Matting on Slideshow Preview

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey Foreman
Black Edge Matting on Slideshow Preview
on May 30, 2008 at 6:58:39 pm

I'm new to Encore, and haven't used it yet for DVD Authoring. I'm creating a 720 x 480 slideshow of hi-res .psd's - most are 2816 x 2112. When I preview there is a thin black border on both sides of the preview window. Having tried all 3 scale property options with no success in eliminating this matting, I brought some of the stills into photoshop and and resized them to NTSC-DV res, DV pixel aspect ratio, as well as some variations such as NTSC-DV x 3, same size variations but square pixels, and just about every other res/pixel aspect ratio I could come up with, and all of these viewed with all three scale property options in Encore. And nothing gets rid of the stupid black edges.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the Encore preview? Like I said I haven't imported an MPEG yet to see if the problem persists, nor have I tried a test burn of the project yet.
Any thoughts?

By the way, these edges don't show up in the Encore Monitor window, just the preview.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Animator
Nowhere Productions, Athens, GA

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
Re: Black Edge Matting on Slideshow Preview
on May 30, 2008 at 8:04:16 pm

Well, I went ahead and brought a video clip NTSC/DV into a new project and previewed it. Same black bars on the sides. This is just how Ecore previews, right? Very unattractive. Hope it doesn't encode that way.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Animator
Nowhere Productions, Athens, GA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]