FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor quality image once transcoded and burnt to Blu-ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Shovlar
Poor quality image once transcoded and burnt to Blu-ray
on May 30, 2008 at 6:21:27 pm

Hi all, I have started using Encore because I need to make blu-ray movies for my wedding customers.

I am shooting using a Sony EX1, shooting at 720P 25.

I edit in Final cut Pro, export as a high quality quicktime, bring the footage into Encore and make the chapters etc. Now for the problem. Viewing the footage raw it looks fantastic, then once its been transcoded, and built as a iso file, I newtork it over to the PC and burn it using Nero. It plays no problem on my PS3. But I am disappointed by the quality of the image. Its not good enough at all.

The image seems to have "fine steps" up anything at an angle. I am NOT taking about interlaced jagglies. I shoot and burn in progressive. This effect is much more subtle. It looks like the codec isn't giving me a high enough image to output once transcoded. It seems to be the Mainconcept Mpeg codec (it seems thats the only one and I have no choice to choose other codecs to transcode with)

I am using the latest version of Encore CS3.

Any pointers to get a better image out? I have set the options to highest quality, but this quality isn't really good enough.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Shovlar
Re: Poor quality image once transcoded and burnt to Blu-ray
on May 30, 2008 at 9:43:58 pm

Also like to mention if I burn a blu ray dvd from the Vegas timeline, the picture qualty is perfect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]