Problems trimming AC3 audio

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Steinberg
Problems trimming AC3 audio
on May 29, 2008 at 9:19:53 am

Hello!

I have a problem with shortening a DVD project:
I made a PAL DVD a while back, and an Audio guy produced one long AC3 file for the hour-long DVD. I had several video clips in the timeline (one for each chapter). Now the client want a 30 min. version, and I have to delete some of the chapters. But when I split the AC3 audio into several clips and position the clips in the appropriate times to match the rearranged video clips, each audio clip starts playing the sound from the beginning of the audio file! I tried changing the source in-point for each clip in the clip properties window, but even if the source in-point time is correct for each clip, the sound I hear is still the very beginning of the original long AC3 clip. What am I doing wrong? I don't have any software that will edit AC3 files, and the original audio guy is not available anymore. Please help!

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Problems trimming AC3 audio
on May 29, 2008 at 12:00:01 pm

Is the AC3 audio stereo or multi-channel?

Regardless, try burning the project to an RW disc (no coasters) and see if the AC3 audio comes through OK on a disc.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Eric Steinberg
Re: Problems trimming AC3 audio
on Jun 2, 2008 at 7:22:12 am

Thanks for your reply,

Because of deadline we had to rush the audio part of the job to someone else, and he used Pro Tools to edit the AC3 files (5.1 surround). It's pretty hectic at work right now, but I will try your suggestion as soon as I get my head above water. Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Eeric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]