FORUMS: list search recent posts

PGC Errors when writing DVDs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Baim
PGC Errors when writing DVDs
on May 28, 2008 at 2:16:32 pm

I have just run into PGC errors when attempting to write 3 different DVDs on two different PCs. One problem was solved by moving the files to a different hard drive but the others will not write to disk without an error message:
PGC "ZTR1 Timeline" has an error at 00;05;54;08. The time code always shows the error to be very close to the end of the AVI. For example, the error above is 8 frames before the end.

What needs to happen next?

Rich Baim

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: PGC Errors when writing DVDs
on May 28, 2008 at 2:29:44 pm

Hi Rich,

So far, my research indicates that these types of errors are caused by modifying existing assets outside of Encore. Encore has the "Replace Asset" and "Edit Original" commands available inside the program that will maintain proper links to all the project and asset files, even when changes are made.

If an asset is altered outside of Encore, those links can be damaged, which will produce the error.

Does this apply to your situation?

Sometimes deleting the referenced asset and project object, then doing a Save As and opening the new saved project, and then rebuilding the deleted object will fix the problem. Other times the links have become so mangled that only rebuilding the project from scratch will work.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Richard Baim
Re: PGC Errors when writing DVDs
on May 28, 2008 at 3:36:28 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll take another look to see if I can figure what's causing the problem. I also got input from Mike Velte, another Cow forum moderator, who recommends creating new projects and new folders whenever changes are made.

BTW, a quick workaround was to export the AVI, import it into Premiere Elements 4, and burn DVDs. This one was very simple with no menus.

Thanks,
Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]