FORUMS: list search recent posts

can HD be put onto a regular dvd using Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Reynolds
can HD be put onto a regular dvd using Encore
on May 26, 2008 at 4:38:04 pm

I have been putting HD onto regular DVDs using Ulead movie factory 6plus--25 minutes on a 4GB and 50 minutes on -R dual layer. My question can this be done with Encore and a Blu-Ray burner and burn 15 minutes on a regular dvd in HD and how would you do it. Would you export file as a HD H264 or how could this be done. I hate to waste a blu ray disc on a 15 minute video--Bruce

Bruce Reynolds

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: can HD be put onto a regular dvd using Encore
on May 26, 2008 at 11:39:14 pm

As far as I know, Encore can only make "watchable" (as opposed to data discs) standard def dvds. Don't know how you would get it to allow you to put an HD project on a standard disc, but if anyone else knows of a way I'd be glad to be put straight.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysFX

Return to posts index

Heath Firestone
on May 27, 2008 at 1:52:46 am

The simple answer is... kind of. You can create a blu-ray image, and burn in onto a DVD using another program like Nero, which creates something called a BD-9, which is a blu-ray disc image on a standard DVD (dual layer explains the 9 designation). Built into Blu-ray's spec, is the ability to play back BD-9 disks, but implimentation hasn't been universal. Last time I tested, (several months ago), PS3s didn't yet support playback of my BD-9 discs, but there is a real future for the medium, as it provides a format for shorter format, or lower datarate HD discs to be created using traditional DVD replication, as apposed to blu-ray replication, which will be out of most people's price range, not only because of the cost of the media, but primarily because of the blu-ray spec, which has copywrite and license requirements, which make it so that programs like Encore don't create commercially reproducable blu-ray discs. This means that commercial replication of blu-ray is only viable for well funded projects, meaning that something has to take its place in the semi-pro realm. Since we all want HD distribution, I believe BD-9 will become that solution, but it remains to be seen, and requires hardware support from the manufacturers.

Hope this helps.

Heath

Return to posts index

John Rich
on May 30, 2008 at 3:27:38 am

Check this out. Also, using an .iso BluRay image, ImgBurn can burn to a regular DVD and play on the Sony RS300 player with functional menus.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b520d1/16.

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Bruce Reynolds
on Jun 2, 2008 at 9:56:06 pm

thanks, I'll try it on a short 15 minute HD shoot of a building being demolished. I have to finish a wedding first. I'll report my findings back on here.

Bruce Reynolds

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Jun 2, 2008 at 10:34:13 pm

Bruce,

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to hear how you do the details when you get to it. I was surprised to find the menus have to be full sized 1920x1080 in order to fill the screen. I thought the BluRay encoding would expand the widescreen menus, but apparently not.

John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Bruce Reynolds
on Jun 2, 2008 at 11:05:03 pm

I will as soon as I figure it out also. This is the 1st time I'm trying this.

Bruce Reynolds

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]