I am having a problem with the way the picture looks after building a DVD in Encore v3.
I have tried searching for answers to this issue but suspect I may be using the wrong terminology.
There appears to be banding across the image which is noticeable when the subject is moving; I have saved a screen shot of this at - banding example
I will just run through the work flow that has caused the problem;
1. Capture footage HV20 set to HDV which is 50i PAL.
2. Import to my pc using HDVSplit (you can view them ok at this point).
3. Create new project in Premier PAL HDV 1080i25(50i).
4. Work on project then File>Export To Encore.
5. Open Encore select New project with properties; Authoring Mode = Blue Ray, framerate = 25i, Dimensions = 1440X1080, codec = mpeg2
6. Select file>import as timeline and select the .mv2 and .wav files. premier had produced.
7. Create menus etc.
8. Build format DVD, DVD Disc.
FYI. if I export to avi from Premier the re-import to encore with the same settings as above, then there is no banding; but I am worried about loss of quality when using an avi.