FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large project to DVD via Encore?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill in Toronto
Large project to DVD via Encore?
on May 22, 2008 at 2:46:00 pm

I have edited 4 sequences for a total time of 152 minutes. The client wants to put this on a single layer DVD with four basic links for each sequence. It can probably be trimmed back a little bit. This is where I get confused.

Is the routine here a matter of a set up in PPCS3 or do I open Encore and work within that environment? The first sequence is 53 minutes and needs a few links internally; the second sequence is 36 minutes and can probably stand on its own; the third sequence is 55 minutes and probably needs some additional internal links. The last and fourth sequence is about 18 minutes and can stand on its own. The background for the menus needs to be original artwork, which I'm working on separately.

I'm a real newbee with using Encore, but I hope I can get help with a bit of the basics. Also is there an inexpensive PDF on the net that might help my weary brain in creating the basic DVD and menu structure?

Have a deadline of Saturday.

Any collective wisdom very appreciated.

Cheers,
Bill

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: Large project to DVD via Encore?
on May 23, 2008 at 5:13:46 pm

Crap! That's a looming deadline all right!

Don't worry, Encore is very easy to use. You just need to render out your videos and import them. Then select each one and make a timeline for it. DVD plays timelines, not videos, if that makes sense. So you need to put each of your videos into a timeline and link to that with your buttons.

You'll also need to set an end action for the timelines, which by the sound of it would need to be "return to last menu". That way the DVD player knows what should happen when the videos finish.

The background of your menu can be imported as a psd and used in conjunction with one of Encore's library of menus.

What do you mean by the video needs "internal links"? You'll have to fill me in on what exactly you want to happen here, as I don't quite understand.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysFX

Return to posts index

Bill in Toronto
on May 31, 2008 at 4:22:05 pm

Things have been very complicated lately and so I did miss my deadline.

So I've had no chance to pursue converting the final edit to DVD format, and although the edited video has been rendered to AVI DIG, I can see that my edit in the end is about 166 minutes. So, I guess an initial question is can I produce a dual-layer DVD disk with Encore with this amount of video to ensure good video quality.

And then that leads here: I have 5 separate sequence in Premiere Pro, so I need to render to a format. I did render to AVI DV, but do I have to render to MPEG files and wave. If that is so, what MPEG format so I save to? Does that have to be: M2v and wav? As I say, I've created a movie in AVI DV. Does that give the clearest images and let Encore "transcode" (that means compress to another format, doesn't it?)

I've been editing for a few years, but some of he "lingo" throws me - I assume by "asset" is meant the video output or stills I intend to use? I don't understand the difference between Importing an "asset" and a timelines, menu or slideshow. Aren't they all assets?

I did one menu in PSD which indicates each of the five videos. I just want a single menu from which to select each of the 5 videos. I want to add links to button selectors.

Do I create/select the buttons from Encore presets?

I sort of get the picture, but then.... I do know that I want a
1. First play with a still and music behind for no more than 20 secs
2. Then a single menu with five or six selections - I have that in PSD and want continuous music to 3:28 secs and infinitely repeat.
3. At the end of each video I want to revert to the one single menu.

Don't see where to add music.

Sorry for so much coming out at once.... I'm sure I'll get the hang of it shortly.

Cheers,
Bill in Toronto

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 1, 2008 at 2:20:00 am

[Bill in Toronto] "I guess an initial question is can I produce a dual-layer DVD disk with Encore with this amount of video to ensure good video quality."

Yes.

[Bill in Toronto] "As I say, I've created a movie in AVI DV. Does that give the clearest images and let Encore "transcode" (that means compress to another format, doesn't it?)"

DV AVI is very good. The very best format to use to go from Premiere to Encore is uncompressed AVI, but that's generally not necessary. Uncompressed produces unnecessarily large file sizes. You're correct; transcoding does mean converting one codec/format to DVD-legal MPEG2.

[Bill in Toronto] "I assume by "asset" is meant the video output or stills I intend to use? I don't understand the difference between Importing an "asset" and a timelines, menu or slideshow. Aren't they all assets?"

There is an important difference. Yes, an asset is the video output or stills that you intend to use. But they can't be used on a DVD unless they are put in a "container" like a timeline, a menu or a slideshow. Those things are called objects, and Encore uses the objects to build the DVD so that DVD players can recognize them and handle them properly for playback. DVD players expect to see certain types of objects laid out in certain ways on the disc, per the master DVD Specification. Creating timelines, menus and slideshows allows Encore to create the objects that DVD players need. Your raw assets simply won't do.

[Bill in Toronto] "Don't see where to add music."

With a menu selected in the Project panel or the Menu viewer active, Look at the Motion tab of the Properties panel. You can pickwhip the audio for the menu to the audio asset in the Project panel that you want to use.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

celio augusto
Re: Large project to a DVD using encore?
on Sep 27, 2009 at 7:22:27 pm

Dear jeff, First esiva sorry if posting in wrong place, But as you noticed this at all about the encore'm in espctativa that can help me.
The video that I put in the bottom of the main menu so it ends, Can not comfigurar him for businesspeople, As I do?
Duration is 3 boxes, Loop point, Loop # and a box animate Booton, I tried to put a value on loop # but not the video decided not to run again

My email

Ninjanetvendas @ gmail.com

Captionsmetalnaveia @ gmail.com

Captions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]