FORUMS: list search recent posts

90 min footage to 4.7GB DVD?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Taylor
90 min footage to 4.7GB DVD?
on May 19, 2008 at 9:27:16 pm

I have circa 90 min footage to burn onto a 4.7gb 120min DVD, but I see from the forums that it isn't that straightforward to do!

I am using Premiere Pro CS3 (educational licence) in which I have created my timeline. I then use the "export to encore" which does what it says it will do, but when I get into encore and try to build the disc, the program halts and tells me the project is bigger than the media.

I understand that it is something to do with bitrates, and my video file is going to be 5.xgb in size, so won't fit.

What I don't understand, is how and more importantly where do I alter these files?

Do I do it in Premiere or in Encore?

And now you've told me that, please might I have an idiots guide as to how to do it??

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: 90 min footage to 4.7GB DVD?
on May 21, 2008 at 11:23:09 am

I have never used the export to encore command, but perhaps what it is doing is ready-creating an mpeg for you at a standard bit rate. I have exported uncompressed videos many dozens of GBs in size, and well over 1:30 hrs, and it's all fit on a conventional dvd. I guess in that case, Encore transcoded it and compressed it to a lower quality mpeg than it would normally choose to do so it could fit it on there.

So try simply rendering your video as an uncompressed avi and importing it into encore. When you finish setting up your dvd project, build the disc and (hopefully) encore will compress the video to fit.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]