FORUMS: list search recent posts

PSD Menu Image Rollover Question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Noes
PSD Menu Image Rollover Question
on May 19, 2008 at 8:23:56 pm

Hello, I'm not terribly proficient in Encore, but I can make your basic menu in Photoshop and bring the PSD into encore as the dvd menu.

The problem that I'm experiencing is that the rollover images that I make on the menu items (programmed as "(=)" in the .psd) only come through as a solid color. For example, if my rollover image is a gradient, or has lots of colors, then Encore seems to pick one of those colors and make the rollover, in whatever shape it was, a solid color. Is there any way around this? Is there any way to create true IMAGE rollovers, and not simply solid-color shapes?

I'm using Encore CS3.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: PSD Menu Image Rollover Question
on May 20, 2008 at 1:23:56 pm

The DVD spec only allows the use of 1 solid colour for a highlight, or a combination of 3 seperate different solid colours..
You have to cheat to get the efect you want, in other words you need multiple menus along with the auto activate feature of Encore...

Return to posts index

Michael Noes
on May 20, 2008 at 6:30:28 pm

Thanks David, the sneaky way it is then.

I've done a bit of searching as to this workaround, and come up dry- could you explain the process?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 20, 2008 at 7:33:09 pm

This should help:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.2ccedd3c

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on May 20, 2008 at 7:35:33 pm

if you go here http://www.doogs-tutorials.com/encore%201.5%20.html and look to tuts #09 and #10 in the advanced section (red section), the tuts will give you a rough idea as to how to go about it.. (you may have to copy and paste the above link into your browser..

hope these help..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]