FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding / Volume Level

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Kaczorowski
Transcoding / Volume Level
on May 15, 2008 at 3:14:49 am

I am trying to do two things in Encore that i can't figure out. First is that i imported an unsupported QT file and it had to transcode immediately. Well, i want to retranscode it at a higher quality and it doesn't give me any of the Transcode options.

I tried throwing out the transcoded files and restarting and it just should up as a missing file.

Also i am trying to adjust the volume of the music playing on the Menu so that it matches the actual dvd volume and i can't seem to find a function for this anywhere either.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Joe

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Transcoding / Volume Level
on May 15, 2008 at 3:03:52 pm

Regarding transcoding - which version of Encore are you using?

The answer to your second question comes from outside Encore - match your audio levels in a program like Soundbooth or Audition.

Return to posts index

joe kaczorowski
on May 16, 2008 at 12:49:45 am

I am using version 1.5.

I will adjust the audio levels seperately.

Thanks,

-Joe

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 16, 2008 at 2:50:06 pm

Before version 2.0, Encore had to immediately transcode QuickTime MOV files on import. There's little you can do to control this in Encore 1.5, other than transcoding the MOV file yourself in another application.

Encore versions 2.0 and later don't have this immediate transcoding requirement for QuickTime MOV files.

Return to posts index

joe kaczorowski
on May 16, 2008 at 7:14:19 pm

So basically if i want to retranscode at a higher bitrate, i will need to reimport, retranscode, redo chapters, and re link it appropriately?

Serves me right for not bit budgeting correctly in the first place.

Thanks,
-Joe

Return to posts index

joe kaczorowski
on May 16, 2008 at 7:22:45 pm

PS. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 16, 2008 at 8:02:58 pm

Not exactly - if you transcode it to MPEG-2 before importing, there won't be any need to re-transcode when you import it into Encore or build a DVD.

Setting chapter points could be a little problematic, as GOP headers are usually placed every half second in MPEG-2, and chapter points must be placed at GOP headers. If you don't need frame-accurate chapter points, this isn't much of a problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]