FORUMS: list search recent posts

play chapter 2 when dvd inserted instead of 1 or force menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Taylor
play chapter 2 when dvd inserted instead of 1 or force menu
on May 14, 2008 at 1:26:40 am

I have a project where I have 1 video file with chapters in it. However I would like to either force the menu to open when the disc is inserted, or force it to play chapter 2 (skipping chapter 1). Is this possible??

Return to posts index

heath firestone
Re: play chapter 2 when dvd inserted instead of 1 or force menu
on May 14, 2008 at 4:48:13 am

What happens when the disk is first inserted, is determined by what you have set as the first play. If you want it to go to a menu directly, set that menu as the first play. I'm not aware of any option which will allow you to set a chapter point as the first play, but there may be another way of achieving what you want. Can you explain why you want it to start by playing the second chapter. You may be able to make the first chapter a separate video from the rest of the video, but linked via end action settings. This would allow you to set the second chapter as the first play, because it would be the first chapter in a new timeline.

Hope this helps,

Heath

Return to posts index

Shawn Taylor
on May 14, 2008 at 5:03:55 am

The reason why I want to play chapter 2 first is that I recorded a live band and I have the video as all one file, with chapter points in it. The 1st chapter however is them warming up, and most people aren't going to want to watch that. But I still want it on the disc for the band members. I think I may have figured it out, just waiting for my iso to be created so I can burn the disc. I created a chapter playlist and started with 2 for my play all button. And set the main menu as first play.

Return to posts index

heath firestone
on May 14, 2008 at 5:22:33 am

Actually, that was what I was going to suggest, depending on your response. That should work perfectly.

Heath

Return to posts index

Shawn Taylor
problems with a button
on May 15, 2008 at 11:56:25 pm

The chapter play list thing has worked so far. But now on my second menu, it is nearly imposable to get to my main menu button which is in the center on the bottom, and I have 6 buttons on the left above it and 7 on the right. Also when I scroll down with the remote it stays on the left side and the second time I get to my 1st button it plays when I press down to move to another selection. And lastly my menu won't loop. I only have audio, no motion, but after the audio is done the menu becomes inactive and I have to press play on the remote to re-activate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]