FORUMS: list search recent posts

fancy highlights in menues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurence Rietdijk
fancy highlights in menues
on May 13, 2008 at 11:21:50 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to copy an effect that I have seen on comercial DVD's where, rather than highlighting, a relivant picture will apear next to the button. These images are not neccisarily overlaping with each other or anything like that.

At first I though you could incorperate the image into the highlight layer, but after reading the other blogs, I understand why you can't do that. but I still don't understang how you 'do' do it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: fancy highlights in menues
on May 13, 2008 at 11:33:16 pm

[Laurence Rietdijk] "I still don't understand how you 'do' do it"

You need duplicate menus - one for each button. Add the appropriate picture to each button on its respective menu. Edit each Menu Color Set to make the Normal highlight state transparent. Set each "non-picture" button on each menu to auto-activate and link to the appropriate dupe menu.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Laurence Rietdijk
on May 14, 2008 at 7:39:23 am

I did what you said and it seems to work exept for one thing.

Auto activate doesn't seem to work if the user mover the mouse over it. It works when I use the cursors, so presumably it would work on a DVD Player. But is there a was to make it work on computer?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 14, 2008 at 11:06:05 am

Unfortunately, no.

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on May 14, 2008 at 2:25:11 pm

Sorry, Laurence. This is one of the drawbacks of using a workaround to exceed the limitations of DVD-Video in regards to button highlights.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]